CenterHotel Plaza
US$202
US$352
US$337
  • Bar/Lounge
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$155
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$254
US$192
2,132 results
All reviewsgreat locationsmall squareoverlooking the squarebreadcentral locationsuperior roomhappy hourhot and cold foodnorthern lightsbreakfast roommini barbars and restaurantsblue lagoonreception staffdouble bedbathroom floorbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was traveling solo as part of a tour group. This sent me to a standard single room which was in a building which also housed the Tourist Information Center. There was a pedestrian walkway that led from the skate park (in front of the hotel) to areas behind the hotel. It was used through the night. The room was too warm (74-78 Fahrenheit), but I could not leave the windows open, because of the pedestrian noise and, until about 10 p.m. incoming air traffic. In addition, there was a pump or a fan or something that would start and stop throughout the night. I never could figure out exactly what it was, but I had a lot of sleepless hours to think about it.

Hotel location is excellent. Very near many choices for food. Lots of activity in the skate park. Near shopping streets and the waterfront. The buffet breakfast is in the basement of the main hotel. Plenty of fruit, breads, bacon, scrambled eggs, coffee, juice, and an unusual toaster.

This little room was shockingly $336 to $420 U.S. a night. They don't kid around. Staff were all helpful, patient, and friendly. Had no problems with WiFi.

You should allow 40 minutes driving time to/from the international airport.

The Tourist Information Center is open seemingly every day. It sells postcards and stamps for international mailing, has plenty of free literature about sights to see and can arrange excursions. English is spoken almost everywhere. Many places accept U.S. currency, but not coin.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for a room in the building to the left as you face the hotel entrance. It looked more like a modern hotel with big windows. Avoid the building that the Tourist Information Center is in - in the summer, at least. You can feel the temperature climb as you cross over to it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank retiredJB
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed Sunday to Thursday here, had a nice front room with view of the square. Room restocked and cleaned daily. Staff very nice on reception.
Breakfast was very good, the breads still warm from the oven and the walnut bread was devine!
Our only complaint was that we was being picked up for the airport at 6 am and the only breakfast on offer was coffee and croissants, which neither of us liked and no alternative available on asking. Supermarket only 5 minutes walk away though.
Would stay again, very central.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rebina
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife, daughter, grandson and I stayed here from 8th-15th july and loved it, the rooms are clean and very comfortable. (a big thank you to the cleaning staff) the breakfast has a wide selection to choose from plus cooked bacon sausage and eggs, so all tastes are catered for (my wife is vegetarian and my daughter and I are fussy so a big thank you to the breakfast staff who seem to work tirelessly) and a big thank you to the reception team. All are extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them, they can/will arrange trips for guests for which we cannot thank them enough. There is also a star manager there named Melissa, our trip was around my wife's 50th birthday as well as our anniversary and Melissa went above and beyond arranging trips for us as well as restaurants and made our trip and stay one we will never forget and for that I cannot thank her enough. I have seen other people have complained about the music/big screen outside in the square but what they failed to mention was the football world cup. That is why the screen was erected so anyone could watch it for free with free seating/picnic tables and it was taken down the day after the final. I know as I was there having said that if you don't want to be in the middle of things why book a hotel in the middle. Center hotels is a chain and has a variety of hotels in different locations around the city, klopp (which we have stayed in) is just down the road away from the square is just as good but with no cooked breakfast, thingholt again just up the road off the main shopping street, there is another one just further down from there and another one down by the concert hall. Although I haven't stayed in these I have eaten in thingholt's restaurant (amazing try the scallops) all in all a great hotel chain and I would'nt use any other

Room Tip: I have only had suites or upgrades and would go for this
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was the one alloted when I booked a Northern Lights Tour and was pretty much the last drop off from the airport. Having seen the other places from the outside, and the locations, I think we had the pick of the bunch. Basically you can walk to the harbour, the shopping area and some great restaurants without struggling. The staff were friendly, helpful and all spoke English, some impeccably so. Had issue with the first room, but they gave us keys to several rooms and told us to pick which one we wanted. Bar was nice in the evening, but food and drink prices in Iceland are pretty high, especially alcohol. The breakfast was interesting, with many varied items to choose from and all good quality. Many of these reviews complain about the noise, but we had a front of hotel room on the 1st floor and didn't have a problem sleeping, on the other hand we travelled in November when it was undoubtedly quieter.
Overall I really enjoyed the stay here and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kcracing
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great place to stay, very friendly and helpful staff and the room was clean. Try and get a room at the back of the hotel as at the front it is very noisy.
Also, if you are going on any trips and they ask if you want hotel pick up, check where the company is based as many are within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Jess H H