CenterHotel Plaza
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$228
US$383
US$341
  • Bar/Lounge
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$369
Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$197
  • Restaurant
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$319
US$597
US$551
Travelocity
2,176 results
All reviewsgreat locationsmall squareoverlooking the squarebreadcentral locationsuperior roomhappy hourhot and cold foodnorthern lightsbreakfast roommini barbars and restaurantsblue lagoonreception staffdouble bedbathroom floorbuffet style
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed three nights at the start of our Iceland trip and two more nights at the end. The hotel is quite nice and it was the cheapest hotel of our trip. It has a great location in the heart of the old town. Paid garage parking is close by. The shower was pretty small and water tended to leak under the door. In the first room we had (in the annex), we could hear music from a nearby restaurant past midnight. The buffet breakfast was good, with real eggs and sausages.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJM53
Reviewed 21 August 2014

There is so much to do in Iceland that this hotel satisfies the need for a clean, safe place to sleep. It is not a luxury hotel and, yes, the bathroom and shower are small, but I did not see a large bathroom anywhere in the country. As long as you are not expecting American-sized over abundance, you will be happy with this hotel. We stayed in room 320 (it faced an alley) and had no noise problems, although I did hear someone else complaining In the lobby. The complaints about rooms being hot is somewhat baffling because the radiator has a temperature control knob and can also be turned completely off. This allowed for perfect temp control without the need to open windows. Staff were helpful, there was no problem getting extra towels. Our TV didn't work but that was no big deal since we weren't there to watch television. The only problem was when arranging for our ride to the airport upon departure we were given a pick up time that was 40 minutes too early, so we waited in the lobby for quite a while. The transport company blamed the hotel, but who really knows who made the mistake. The company comped the fare so we have no complaints about saving money! We booked this room through Trip Advisor and got it for $215 per night. A great value in a very expensive country!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed 18 August 2014

No I couldn't have a room in the new section, said the night receptionist who looked as if he'd just returned from a funeral. No greeting, no welcome, just "Are you checking in?" which meant he clearly didn't see my suitcase. So I had to make do with a somewhat tired old room.

Let me just talk about the shower. It had that 'lived in' look to it. The shower head could not be turned so no spray, just a single jet of water. The rubber from the glass door was coming away. The grouting between the tiles was discoloured in places. But I guess when you arrive late and you're staying for one night only, they're not going to give you the presidential suite.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a nice shower.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank salmonfisherman
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a Icelandair package.

The hotel is conveniently located. Reykjavic is small, but the location provides easy access to touristy things, and the nightlife.

Right next door is the tourist centre where you can buy a welcome card (which is worth every penny).

The room does get hot, but I am fine with heat (cold on the other hand I have a tough time with). You will hate the smell of the water, but hot water in Iceland smells aweful everywhere. I had to open my windows after a shower.

It can get loud if your room faces the street, (bar that people hang out at downstairs), but I fine with it because I can sleep through everything.

I was in my own room so the two single beds put together was fine, but some people will have a difficult time with this.

I think that the best thing about this hotel are the front desk staff (give great recommendations for food), and the breakfast.

We checked in early, and they offered us the opportunity to pay extra and have the hotel breakfast for an additional fee (the day of check-in). This is the one thing I regret not doing. You will quickly realize that food in Reykjavic is very expensive, and we paid way more and got way less than what the hotel breakfast buffet offered. I would suggest that everyone take this option.

I stayed in one of the older rooms, but I was fine with that. Given the price I paid for the package, I wouldn't expect an upgraded room. I also had a bathtub. Whatever you do, get a room with a bathtub. One of the people I was staying with asked to be moved because of the European shower. Not everyone can deal with a wet bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PK_Vancouver
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was traveling solo as part of a tour group. This sent me to a standard single room which was in a building which also housed the Tourist Information Center. There was a pedestrian walkway that led from the skate park (in front of the hotel) to areas behind the hotel. It was used through the night. The room was too warm (74-78 Fahrenheit), but I could not leave the windows open, because of the pedestrian noise and, until about 10 p.m. incoming air traffic. In addition, there was a pump or a fan or something that would start and stop throughout the night. I never could figure out exactly what it was, but I had a lot of sleepless hours to think about it.

Hotel location is excellent. Very near many choices for food. Lots of activity in the skate park. Near shopping streets and the waterfront. The buffet breakfast is in the basement of the main hotel. Plenty of fruit, breads, bacon, scrambled eggs, coffee, juice, and an unusual toaster.

This little room was shockingly $336 to $420 U.S. a night. They don't kid around. Staff were all helpful, patient, and friendly. Had no problems with WiFi.

You should allow 40 minutes driving time to/from the international airport.

The Tourist Information Center is open seemingly every day. It sells postcards and stamps for international mailing, has plenty of free literature about sights to see and can arrange excursions. English is spoken almost everywhere. Many places accept U.S. currency, but not coin.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for a room in the building to the left as you face the hotel entrance. It looked more like a modern hotel with big windows. Avoid the building that the Tourist Information Center is in - in the summer, at least. You can feel the temperature climb as you cross over to it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo