CenterHotel Thingholt
  • Room Service
Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel(Reykjavik)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,991 results
All reviewsloft suitefrosted glassthe main streetboutique hotelcentral locationfriday and saturdaycenter hotelsteam roombreakfast was includedstandard roomlight sleeperhappy hourmini barearly checkstreet noiseloved this hotelthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently had a four-day trip to Iceland -which was truly one of my favourite trips EVER. we spent two nights in Reykjavik, one of the coolest and funniest cities I have had the pleasure of visiting, and stayed at the CenterHotel Thingholt. The couple we we're traveling with booked in at the more expensive 101 Hotel, but after we all checked out both hotels, we were unanimous in our preference for CH Thingholt. It has a really cool lobby, very modern, clean rooms, and a friendly, helpful staff. The included breakfast was delicious, with plenty of selection, and the location can't be beat.
On our first night (a Thurs), when we did retire to our room at about 1:30am, we could still hear the revellers outside -however it was not loud enough to disturb us -and, quite frankly, I don't think you could find a centrally-located hotel in Reykjavik that was totally quiet, given both the vibe of the city, and the fact that, in May, the daylight lasts until 11:30pm... Needless to say: with the lovely bed, I slept like a baby, irrespective of the ongoing nightlife.

I would highly recommend this lovely boutique hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iantorres
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The design of the building is fantastic,decor very inkeeping with the icelandic surroundings.Rooms a little on the small side but they make great use of space available,very comfortable.
The staff are friendly and food is good.The spa is super too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnijim
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have endorsed this hotel to all my friends and family and now it is time to share it with the Trip Advisor readers. As soon as we stepped through the huge wooden door from the cold, snowy pavement it was clear that this was my kind of hotel. A waterfall trickled down the stone walls, the reception was right in front of you (no awkwardly, hard to see check-in here) and there was a lobby area which was warm and inviting with animal print rugs and tea lights scattered to add to the atmosphere.

We stayed in the deluxe room which came with the sofa rather than the freestanding bath which proved to be much more useful. The room, whilst not gigantic, was large enough to move around comfortably in and not be on top of each other, a cat could definitely be swung in there (not that I am encouraging such a thing, but it is a quirky British saying)! The lighting in the main room was fine for creating a relaxing, spa like mood. However, the lighting by the wardrobe was a little sparse and dim which made choosing the right clothes a little tricky but if that is my only complaint about the room (which it is) then it can't be too bad.

The bathroom is always the part of the room which I care most about and it did not disappoint. It was spacious, styled to my kind of taste, with stone walls and floor, large overhead shower and a dark rattan towel basket, filled with neatly rolled towels sat by the glass wall which encased the bathroom. Whilst there is a frosted panel half-way around the glass, I wouldn't book this room if you are shy in front of whoever you are sharing a room with. Even the shower curtain (which I normally detest and would never have one out of choice and have been known to avoid hotels if they have them) did not detract from the bathroom as there is plenty of room in the walk-in shower area to avoid it wrapping around any part of your body. There is also a handy ledge to hold your shower gels and hair products.

The bed was comfy and the view of the snowy rooftops sealed the stay.

The complimentary breakfast is definitely worth venturing down for. It is a continental style with lots of choice and it all takes place in a lovely dining area which houses large high wooden tables with bar stools to sit on, all adding to the cosy feel on a December morning.

A bonus is that the hotel is right in the centre of Reykjavik, so you are only a few metres away from the shops, bars and restaurants but you wouldn't know it because once you step through that large wooden door, it is very tranquil. I definitely recommend CenterHotel Thingholt.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We enjoyed our night there. It's right in the City Center so it's easy to go for dinner and a drink and stroll back to the hotel. It's gets noisy during the weekends as it's dead center but nothing to complain about as you just close the window. Quite elegent rooms and beds. Not good for car parking.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple