“So fun to hunt for hot springs in Reykjadalur!”

Lost In Iceland Tours
US$174.00*
Small-Group Golden Circle and Lava Tube Caving Day Trip from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Lost In Iceland is a new tour company operating from Reykjavik. We specialize in small groups to our favorite places in Reykjavik and its surroundings. We offer a hot spring hike, lava tube caving, offroad tours and Reykjanes geology tour. Private customized tours for individuals or groups are also available.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 August 2014

How amazing is it to hike up to a stream and just hop in to a natural hot tub? The hike with Rut was full of interesting conversation and stunning views. She is really friendly and she knows her country's wilderness well -- I felt extra safe knowing that she is a trained member of the volunteer search and rescue team. I just found her by picking up a brochure in the visitor center in Reykjavik, but I'm really glad that I did, because this hike was a real highlight of my trip. I also write a travel/education blog, so you can check out what I wrote about the experience here (with lots of photos and a video):

There are newer reviews for Lost In Iceland Tours

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Yes, the weather is not always amazing in Iceland, but a tour and a beer with Ruth is a great way to be occupied on such an evening. Our sociable guide introduced us to the city and immediate environs including a place where dried shark (often called rotten shark by the locals) was a work in progress. The Pearl is a good place to visit on such a day as was the authentic Viking tavern. The "hidden people" however must not like cold, wet, windy nights either as they remained hidden. Good information on what to do and where to eat was provided free of commercial bias. The weather for the rest of the week was quite amenable to outdoor activities many of which can easily use up a whole day even when the sun does not ever properly set.

2  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just finished a delightful 3 hour tour of Reykjavik and environs with Lost in Iceland. Ruth drove us to a variety of sites on and off the beaten path, including the old cemetery, the light house/geothermal power plant, the beach, The Pearl, the President's residence, a Viking pub where we stopped for a complimentary beer, the botanical gardens, and a drive by of the main church. We had a wonderful time learning about life in Iceland as we drove and chatted, despite the cold, rainy evening. With dusk not arriving until nearly 11, the tour was surprisingly full, and we took lots of pictures. Recommend this!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and a friend did the City tour with Lost in Iceland in June. It is not only a walking tour Rut was driving us around to see all the interesting spots in Reykjavik. We even went to the Presidents house but he was busy with a visit of the princess of Sweden or something :) Rut was a super nice guide trying to make everyone happy and to answer all our questions. Also because she is local we could learn a lot about the daily life in Iceland. Unfortunately we did not have time to make more tours with her I am sure the hiking and kayaking trips are great as well. Thumbs up!!!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I just returned from a hike to Iceland's Hot Springs using Lost in Iceland,and I could not have asked for a better guide/tour. First of all, we we were fortunate enought to be the only couple booked on the tour today, and hence we had a private tour. Second, the tour guide (who also owns the company) was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She even went so far as digging through deep mud to find my wife's shoe (it was unusually muddy the day that we went hiking). The tour was fairly priced and we were picked up and dropped of at our hotel/apartment.

If you came to Iceland for an awe-inspiring hike of the volcanic hot springs, then look no further than 'Lost in Iceland'.