“So slow!”

Price range: US$0 - US$90
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I went with a friend to this restaurant on Saturday evening on the recommendation of our hotel.
The restaurant was very busy and we were taken up two flights of stairs to nice table by the window. We ordered our meal and sat and waited, and waited. Eventually after one hour our first course arrived. We questioned the waiter why it taken so long o arrive and he said" oh, they're all over the place in the kitchen, they don't know what they're doing". The lobster soup I had was delicious. Main course, same story, it took three quarters of an hour to arrive after we had finished our first course.
I felt it was such a shame as the meal was delicious but waiting an hour and three quarters for two courses isn't really acceptable.
In my opinion,there are too many tables in the restaurant for the amount of kitchen staff.
Would I go there again or recommend it? Probably not as the long wait and staff comments were both uncalled for

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Good selection, with pizza, pasta and light options as well as specialist meat and fish dishes. Tasty and good value

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I ordered lamb and my wife ordered chicken. Both dishes were excellent. They were cooked perfectly. The restaurant was on the main strip so it's easy to find. The decor of the place was very nice. The waitresses worked hard and were very friendly. The price for 2 was about $115. This was a place I would highly recommended for a nice dinner in Reykjavik.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had dinner at Caruso. The food was a 3 or 4. OK, not great, not awful. It was a decent size place but everyone was seated in about half. We were crammed in, didn't leave much privacy. Prices weren't bad for Iceland. I had the spaghetti carbonara, it wasn't "eggy" enough for me. My husband had a tortallini and ham pasta in a cream sauce, also ok. Wine seems to be unreal in pricing, I always went with the house wine for this reason. You get what you pay for.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Even if you think you don't like lamb you will like theirs. Taste nothing like we get in the states. It was so tender and my husband like it and won't eat it here. The atmosphere was really neat. It was old looking and different rooms. Only problem it books up fast so if you know you're going to Iceland r3eserve now. You won't be disappointed. It was walking distance from the Hotel Fron where we stayed.