“Delicious Italian in Reyjkavik”
Review of Caruso

Caruso
Ranked #82 of 545 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$0 - US$90
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Caruso is a delightful Italian restaurant in the heart of Reykjavik. The dining room is warm and cozy. Ask for a window table if possible. The service was warm and attentive. We started with the mozzarella and tomato salad which was fresh and tasty. I had the seafood pasta with delicious fresh seafood and pasta perfectly cooked. The dish had a touch of chili which added to the overall flavor. The table next to me ordered the lamb with roasted potatoes which looked delicious. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Probably the best service I've experienced in a week, not that other places haven't been fine, this was just a step above the average. I ordered the 3 course meal and the lobster soup was some of the best I've ever eaten. My lamb was hot and cooked to order, veggies fresh, a fantastic meal. Other members of my party were equally satisfied with their pasta, salmon, and surf & turf.

Great service-great food- worth a visit

Reviewed 20 June 2014

After looking at the lovely photos on the Internet, we thought Caruso's might be too upscale since we were dressed informally. It was upscale, but everyone felt comfortable there. A beautiful setting and the best food in Reykjavik--and that's saying a lot, and prices were comparable with others in town. I loved the lamb, but it was all excellent. especially

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we went to Caruso in Reykjavik on the last evening of our 17 day long visit to Europe. After so many days, we thought the kids might want to taste a bit of home. This place was perfect for that. The pizza selection (amongst many other things) was vast. Our pizza-loving kids shared a cheese and pepperoni pizza and were full. My husband and I also ordered pizza. I have to say, it was very good. We all really enjoyed it. Of course, like most Reykjavik restaurants, this place was pretty expensive. However, I would recommend it to anyone looking for food that reminds them of the United States (of course, we ate a lot of local cuisine before coming here and it was great too!!!)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's really important to us to only eat in whale friendly restaurants...I.e. Ones that don't sell whale meat. Only tourists really eat whale meat in Iceland so it's our fault that whales are still being killed. Caruso is whale friendly and is a great Italian. Hugely busy, so service was not fast though not a problem as the company was great so it didn't matter! Lovely food, reasonably priced for Reykjavik. Recommended.

1  Thank Erica L