“Great Hotel, Excellent Staff”

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is a great hotel. It is very well situated close to Reykjavik’s downtown, and is a short bus ride away if you do not want to walk it. The front desk provides bus passes that you can use for the duration of your stay, returnable when you leave. This was really useful to us.

The executive lounge was really good, and very well run We didn’t get the best view from our room, however, the great view from the executive lounge compensated for this. Breakfast was a very lavish spread.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful and would really take the time to provide information. They also had a separate concierge desk during the day.

We absolutely loved our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank thecaribou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Located just outside downtown Reykjavik Hilton Nordica offers a nice place to stay. Offering lots of free parking space this is a perfect hotel to stay in case you have your own rental car. Less suitable if you don't have your own car, as it is located just outside the center (about 15/20 minutes walking). There is a pizza-hut around the corner and there is a good restaurant in the hotel itself (we did not try it, but the breakfast was very decent and offered a wide selection of about everything you can wish). Just around the corner of Laugardalslaug, so pack your swimsuit and pop in one of those hotpools.

Beware of rooms located on the left side of the building, just beneath the lounge on the top floor. The entire hotel has wooden floors and the rooms just below the lounge can suffer from the noise the chairs in the lounge (also during cleaning) can cause.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean-view room. It really adds to the experience of staying in Reykjavik. They look out o...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arjan v
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I wish I could do a separate review of the Hilton Restaurant because I would give it a one. The breakfast buffet was expensive but decent. (Note: everything in Iceland is expensive). My problem came when we ate dinner at the Hilton VOX. The chef, I assume the head chef as he was instructing other chefs. He wore a chef hat and had a small black beard. He tasted EVERYTHING before he put it on the plate. He even put some sauce on the back of his hand, licked it off and continued plating. He NEVER washed his hands. Maybe health standards are different in Iceland but I was totally grossed out. At one point the chef disappeared and my six year old said "I think he's gone in the back to lick our spoons,." That made me laugh! Could be son, could be. I complained to the waitress who acted like she didn't hear a word I said. I wrote a note on a "Hilton moment's" card and handed into the lady (unopened) at the desk when we checked out. I told her it was my "Hilton disgusting moment". She didn't acknowledge the note. She did come out a few minutes later and gave my little boy a small bag of plastic animals. I guess that was Hilton's acknowledgement. I'm writing this review in the lobby as I wait for our shuttle to the airport so trust me if they cared they had plenty of time to say so.

On the positive side for the hotel. We had to make two separate reservations for two rooms when we booked through Icelandair. The package we booked didn't allow rooms for three. When we arrived they put us in one family room. That was very nice. The room was clean, temperature was good and it was quiet. The housekeeper was very nice.

The hotel gives you a bus pass card to use during your stay. It was great being able to catch the bus to downtown where we could explore and eat.

Room Tip: The rooms were great just watch the person preparing your food. Not that anyone is going to do anyth...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol L
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed 4 nights had a sea view on 7th floor but hardly slept a wink due to road noise coming in through badly fitting windows. Free bus pass was useful as about 20 mins walk from centre. Good sized rooms.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank julie_humphreys
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here last year for bachelor party. Fantastic experience and would recommend to anyone. I travel a lot for business and the hotel did a great job of honoring my status. Lounge was clean and great service inside as well as delicious food. The concierge was really helpful in booking the excursions. I would encourage everyone to try the ice diving and 4x4 with snowmobiling (make sure to do private with the new land rovers) AWESOME!!!!! I have been all over the world and this was by far my favorite all time. Could have been closer to the city but other than that, perfect.

Room Tip: concierge lounge is a must!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MJS1133
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a stylish, busy, and beautiful hotel located a little out of the center of Reykjavik. It is, however, a quick bus ride into the heart of the city (3 stops) - and the hotel will even loan you a bus pass (good for up to 4 people) so you can explore. We had an Icelandair package that included air + 4 nights hotel + breakfast (wonderful full buffet) + RT transfers to/from the airport for an unbeatable price. It also is a pick-up/drop-off point for excursions (right at the front door). Very convenient.

Excellent service, great food, spotless housekeeping, and a beautiful view over the water to the mountains beyond. Unless the conference schedule (very popular) puts you off because the lobby, bar, and restaurant might be busy, I think most travelers will like it very much. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (9), perhaps because of the room type we reserved in the package (1 Double...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike2131
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located close to the centre, although you will have to drive or get a bus (the hotel provides a free service), as it's a bit of a walk.
The rooms are spacious, modern and have safety box, iron board, iron, fridge and coffee/tea facilities. The shower is excellent and everything seems very new.
A swimming pool would be nice, although there is a gym available.
Parking is free. There is free wifi in the rooms too.
I can't fault this hotel. A will come back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple