“Nice Modern Hotel, away from everything.”

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
Santa Clara, California
“Nice Modern Hotel, away from everything.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a very nice modern hotel. The room I was given was clean and felt very Scandinavian to me. If you need to be at this hotel, it is a great place to be. Otherwise if you want to do something else or see some of the local area you are in for a very long walk (45 mins) taxi or bus. I am not against walking and walked most of the time I was there. Even in early September it was cold and rainy so be prepared.
I really did enjoy Reykjavik and the people were friendly. When I go back I would most likely do it in the summer (July) to avoid the cold and stay closer in town. If you have your own car or need to be here (I was here for a conference at the hotel) then I would highly suggest it. If this hotel was downtown or very close I would easily give it 5*.

Room Tip: I got a room on the top floor. I took the stairs up and down each day. I really enjoyed that.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed in Hilton Nordica for 5 nights in February 2014. We arrived on Sunday evening and waited in the reception to check in for almost 30 minutes. The staff (a lady who was on the phone the whole time and a gentleman dealing with the guests) was quite unfriendly and looked stressed out. The next day I approached the reception to ask to be moved into another room with the view to the front of the hotel - a big group left the hotel that morning and there were free rooms as a trainee in the reception informed us. While he was checking the computer to see where he can move us, his supervisor came and when she saw what he was planning to do, she said a few harsh sounding words to him in Icelandic and left. The trainee went red in face and apologised to us and said that he couldn't change our room as there were no free rooms. I felt sorry for the guy and didn't want to cause problems for him, so dropped that idea. What a shame that the permanent staff wasn't as nice and friendly as that trainee. The restaurant though is very good. But next time we will definitely avoid this hotel and stay somewhere in downtown.

Room Tip: Though we asked for a front facing room we didn't get it. Try to get one as they have a beautifu...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mila A
Ottawa,Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Nordic and enjoyed every minute of our 5 night stay. Although it was not their fault, we were not registered. Yikes !.. But within 10 minutes, David, the most pleasant gentleman at the desk had us in. He offered us a front view on the top floor. We were very happy! The Hilton is very very clean. The room was amazing. The view outstanding. On top of all of these, they offered their clients FREE, bus passes. My husband and I loved to take the bus to downtown when ever we felt like it because the bus stop is right outside the door! There is also a "tour" desk, which has a very knowledge lady. I recommend booking your tours (if not already done) thru this most reputable company.
The only one thing we didn't care for was the cost of the breakfast buffet. Quite expensive ($30.oo cdn) per person. I can't quite justify that for only a coffee and a muffin, but they do have a great buffet for the hungry ones ! But everywhere to eat is expensive in Iceland !
We will definitely stay here again next summer. ! We travelled in April 2014 to see the winter Iceland !

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view of the mountains...Ps...room ending in even number face the mount...
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had the complete pleasure of visiting Iceland in March. Amazing..... We stayed at the Hilton. The hotel is nice, not anything fancy. The exercise room closed way to early for us. The rooms are small, but typical for Europe. I had fun trying to figure out how to turn the lights on in my room. Seconds before I was going to call down to the front desk I discovered the trick. The rooms were really hot, with no way to turn the heat down. We had to just open the window which got a little noisy. The breakfast was fantastic. Nice to have that much selection on a free breakfast. The service in the restaurant was so-so. The Service in the lounge was hit and miss. Often we had to get up and get our own drinks from the bar. Overall the hotel was great. We were really busy sightseeing in Iceland and didnt really spend much time in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in April, 2014. The room was fairly basic, just enough room for the two of us, with comfortable beds and a nice shower - what more do you need? The room was kept fairly warm, but the window could be opened if necessary. It was quiet - I was concerned about the wooden floors and noise of guests above, but as we were on the second floor which kind of protrudes out from the building a little, we didn't actually have anyone above us - perfect. The breakfast which was included in our package was excellent. The bus pass was very useful - especially after a long day trip to get downtown for dinner or back after a cool and windy day in town.
We ate dinner at Vox (hotel restaurant) one night - it was delicious, and the service impeccable. Good for a splurge meal. Overall - a very pleasant stay. I would recommend to friends and family.

Toronto
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel has a spectacular view and is close to everything. You can walk to the big geothermal outdoor pool - it's about a 10 minute walk. You can walk to the water and then take the scenic walk into town. The hotel beds are so comfortable and the rooms are bigger than you might expect. We upgraded and took advantage of the exec lounge - the free food and drinks were abundant and the service was so friendly. Breakfast in the lounge was worth it and we would make sandwiches from the breakfast for or excursions late - well worth the price considering how expensive it is to eat in town (we paid $50 per person for the upgrade which included alcohol). The view from the lounge is amazing - you can veg there all morning! We also got free daily massages in the hot tub for this price - the exercise and spa area is beautiful and modern.The staff are friendly and helpful unlike some of the other hotels in Iceland. You can get a free bus pas and then take the bus into town and hop on and off at your leisure. We had one of the world's best hotdogs from the downtown stand - not sure what the hype is all about - and they are pricey - but you still have to try them just to say you have! I love this place - would stay again and again. Oh - and happy hour with drinks half price between 5 and 7 is so worth it here!!

Room Tip: We stayed on 8th floor - view stunning.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank schefferville
Washington, DC
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is my second time staying at The Hilton Nordica in Reykjavik so I generally knew what to expect. But this stay, I upgrade my room and received exceptional service and value for the upgrade. The upgrade adds exclusive privileges such as use of the Executive lounge and all its amenities such as breakfast buffet, afternoon teas and evening happy hours; all complimentary and quality affairs. The value of the upgrade is equaled or surpassed by these amenities. In addition there is use of the spa, an experience that cannot be beat especially if you avail yourself to any of the day tours offered in Iceland. The staff of the hotel goes to great length to keep the guest happy and satisfied. There where numerous examples of the "going the extra kilometer" as it were. It was my birthday and I could not have enjoyed the experience and the service provide the staff as I part of the celebration took place in the fine restaurant Vox associated with hotel. The hotel staff are meticulous on details and are absolutely caring and attentive. Overall a great experience and hope to return to this cozy and comfortable accommodation on the future trips to Iceland.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts