“Best hotel I've ever stayed at”

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I travel quite a bit and this hotel is the best I have ever stayed at. It's not special in it's location or design, but the comfort was amazing. I have never slept in such comfortable beds. I woke up incredibly rested and happy. The breakfast buffet was very good and delicious.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,836)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Nordica with my girlfriend in December 2013 and we both enjoyed our stay quite a bit. The lobby is large enough to utilize the free wifi comfortably and the bar area offers a wide selection and friendly bartenders.

The highlight of every day seemed to be the breakfast buffet, which we had included in the price of the room. I still wake up and dream of the smoked lamb and salmon that we found there. The regular restaurant, VOX also offers some good food.

The free shuttle to and from the center of town is a big plus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tyler D
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a very nice modern hotel. The room I was given was clean and felt very Scandinavian to me. If you need to be at this hotel, it is a great place to be. Otherwise if you want to do something else or see some of the local area you are in for a very long walk (45 mins) taxi or bus. I am not against walking and walked most of the time I was there. Even in early September it was cold and rainy so be prepared.
I really did enjoy Reykjavik and the people were friendly. When I go back I would most likely do it in the summer (July) to avoid the cold and stay closer in town. If you have your own car or need to be here (I was here for a conference at the hotel) then I would highly suggest it. If this hotel was downtown or very close I would easily give it 5*.

Room Tip: I got a room on the top floor. I took the stairs up and down each day. I really enjoyed that.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed in Hilton Nordica for 5 nights in February 2014. We arrived on Sunday evening and waited in the reception to check in for almost 30 minutes. The staff (a lady who was on the phone the whole time and a gentleman dealing with the guests) was quite unfriendly and looked stressed out. The next day I approached the reception to ask to be moved into another room with the view to the front of the hotel - a big group left the hotel that morning and there were free rooms as a trainee in the reception informed us. While he was checking the computer to see where he can move us, his supervisor came and when she saw what he was planning to do, she said a few harsh sounding words to him in Icelandic and left. The trainee went red in face and apologised to us and said that he couldn't change our room as there were no free rooms. I felt sorry for the guy and didn't want to cause problems for him, so dropped that idea. What a shame that the permanent staff wasn't as nice and friendly as that trainee. The restaurant though is very good. But next time we will definitely avoid this hotel and stay somewhere in downtown.

Room Tip: Though we asked for a front facing room we didn't get it. Try to get one as they have a beautifu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mila A
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Nordic and enjoyed every minute of our 5 night stay. Although it was not their fault, we were not registered. Yikes !.. But within 10 minutes, David, the most pleasant gentleman at the desk had us in. He offered us a front view on the top floor. We were very happy! The Hilton is very very clean. The room was amazing. The view outstanding. On top of all of these, they offered their clients FREE, bus passes. My husband and I loved to take the bus to downtown when ever we felt like it because the bus stop is right outside the door! There is also a "tour" desk, which has a very knowledge lady. I recommend booking your tours (if not already done) thru this most reputable company.
The only one thing we didn't care for was the cost of the breakfast buffet. Quite expensive ($30.oo cdn) per person. I can't quite justify that for only a coffee and a muffin, but they do have a great buffet for the hungry ones ! But everywhere to eat is expensive in Iceland !
We will definitely stay here again next summer. ! We travelled in April 2014 to see the winter Iceland !

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view of the mountains...Ps...room ending in even number face the mount...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had the complete pleasure of visiting Iceland in March. Amazing..... We stayed at the Hilton. The hotel is nice, not anything fancy. The exercise room closed way to early for us. The rooms are small, but typical for Europe. I had fun trying to figure out how to turn the lights on in my room. Seconds before I was going to call down to the front desk I discovered the trick. The rooms were really hot, with no way to turn the heat down. We had to just open the window which got a little noisy. The breakfast was fantastic. Nice to have that much selection on a free breakfast. The service in the restaurant was so-so. The Service in the lounge was hit and miss. Often we had to get up and get our own drinks from the bar. Overall the hotel was great. We were really busy sightseeing in Iceland and didnt really spend much time in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in April, 2014. The room was fairly basic, just enough room for the two of us, with comfortable beds and a nice shower - what more do you need? The room was kept fairly warm, but the window could be opened if necessary. It was quiet - I was concerned about the wooden floors and noise of guests above, but as we were on the second floor which kind of protrudes out from the building a little, we didn't actually have anyone above us - perfect. The breakfast which was included in our package was excellent. The bus pass was very useful - especially after a long day trip to get downtown for dinner or back after a cool and windy day in town.
We ate dinner at Vox (hotel restaurant) one night - it was delicious, and the service impeccable. Good for a splurge meal. Overall - a very pleasant stay. I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple