“Clean, comfortable and modern”

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
Toronto, Canada
“Clean, comfortable and modern”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent two nights, was able to use Hilton Hhonors points so it was an excellent value. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and professional. Location was pretty good, we had a car so getting around wasn't an issue but hotel is a fair walk from downtown but there are free bus passes at the front desk. Dinner at VOX was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Face front, it has a good view as opposed to the backside,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andydufrene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles CA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Decent enough hotel in the general sense. Good morning buffet. Clean rooms. Nice enough bar. Pleasant staff, but not a very attentive staff. Had to flag down waitress more than once to get coffee and juice. They were busy resetting other empty tables with silverware. Pay attention folks... Took a long time to get a drink in a fairly empty bar. The capper was my attempt to have a working phone in my room. Requested it be fixed once, then twice, and finally a third time at which point I gave up. Promised it would be repaired. It wasn't. Said the manager would leave a note in my room. She didn't. What would she say? Sorry we didn't remedy this problem 3 times? Lastly, they failed to provide me w/ my boarding passes that were dropped at reception for me. Not very well trained for a Hilton. You can do a lot better in Reykjavik and be considerably closer to the main town.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. Try the Hotel 101
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank woccer
Greenwood, Maine, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As many others have reported this hotel is slightly out of the way from the downtown/ tourist center but not so far that you cannot walk to it. The staff at the front desk gave me great directions for taking the bus, which I did on the way into downtown. As I was desiring some more time stretching my legs, I walked back to the hotel from downtown and found it to be pleasant walk.

Clean and quiet corner room. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was okay, not bad.

I said that this hotel is good for airport access because the bus from KEF will take you right to the hotel. Bear in mind that there are only a few hotels truly close to KEF.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room if possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2014

we stayed as part of a tour. the food is awesome. great fun for an American to begin learning how the tub works. the staff was very helpful. we didn't use the bus but I did walk downtown - about 1.3 miles. just wish I had some of that great salmon.

Room Tip: the ocean view is definitely better. to make an @ sign you need to press down ahe alt key and the li...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbf58_13
uk
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Hilton Nordica is everything I would expect from a Hilton - lovely large rooms,comfy beds, good housekeeping etc. Breakfast was also very good, nice selection of foods.
The location is a little out of town - it is walkable but it must be about 2km. You can get a free bus pass from reception though if required.

There are a few minor points about this hotel which has prevented me from giving it the 5 * rating:

1. The gym - while very nice, the gym's opening hours are a little restrictive, especially for a hotel. It closed at 8pm on weekdays, and was very limited hours on the weekend, which was a little bit of a shame.
2. I visited in July and as such it was very light outside most of the night. The curtains were not really thick enough to block out the sunlight.

Those two points aside, the hotel is excellent and I would go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
New Brunswick
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It's a Hilton hotel, so of course it is top notch. Lovely room, great breakfast buffet (best we had in Iceland), free candy in lobby, excellent staff. Nice view from some rooms, too (if the clouds lift). It is, however, about a 20-25 minute walk to Reykjaviik's main drag/tourist area. Not a problem on a nice day, not quite as pleasant in the rain (and probably even less so in the winter). However, the hotel does offer a free bus pass, and from what I could tell getting to/from the city centre was pretty straightforward via bus. We just walked, very pleasant. There are a few restaurants nearby if you want to save a few bucks and eat out, although our tour group's two dinners at the hotel were excellent. Our room was included in our tour so I have no idea what it cost, although I overheard on the elevator that it might be as much as $400/night (Icelandic Air went on a 24 hour strike just after we arrived, and an unfortunate passenger was complaining about how much her extra night was costing her.) Would I stay here as an independent traveller at that price - no way! But I was very happy to do so as part of my tour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel, amazing city, amazing views!

This hotel for me made Reykjavik my favourite city break of all time!!

I stayed in an executive room that I fully recommend as you get use of the lounge which was very nice and chilled, also Reykjavik was relatively expensive so it was nice to be able to have a coffee and few snacks before heading out for the day!

It's not located in the heart of the city, but it's around a 15 minute walk to all restaurants, shops and the harbour, the hotel also has a bus pass it always you to borrow and it's around a 5 minute bus journey into the main district.

I would stay here again as it was very clean and the staff very very kind.

The breakfast was amazing aswell!!!!!

Tip: The most amazing hot dog ever was from a vendor near to the concert hall, was maybe the nicest thing I've ever had!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family