“Great Stay!”

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Hilton was fantastic! The staff were very helpful and polite. We had a great time and enjoyed our stay. We would definitely come back to this Hilton if we visit Iceland in the future. We definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Iceland.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (3,882)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is situated very close to the city center and the shopping street, only about 15 minutes walk. Reykjavik´s largest shopping center is also close, just 15 minutes walk. Hotel staff is very helpful and kind. Good room. You can open the windows! I really recomemnd this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The point about the Hilton Honors program is that you expect some reward for the decision to focus all (or most) of your travel in one hotel chain. The hotel and all its franchisees gain from this commitment. Thus, as a Diamond Member (that's a lot of stays in Hiltons over the course of a year) I expect that a hotel will try to look out for me where they can (I realize that room upgrades are on space available so I take that into account). The Nordica, sadly, didn't like up to its end of the bargain. Checking in at 1:00 am and finding a desk clerk that doesn't know the rules is pretty annoying when you are tired and have no energy to act as a training agent. The young man didn't seem to know we were diamond members and, if he did, he didn't seem to know what it meant. So no room upgrade and faulty information on the breakfast (we were told that our sole choice was the Exec. lounge. There was no greeting in the room (which I think everyone gets) and there was no water supplied to us. A request for water was met with a response from another desk cloak that it would be sent up in the afternoon. The desk day, after speaking to the manager, were told that we could go to the breakfast room and he apologized by saying that the employee was brand new -- as if he, the manager, had no responsibility for his staff.
Breakfast was a delight (NOT).My wife ordered a cappuccino, which arrived along with a bill for something like $7. When we pointed out that all other Hiltons, in our experience, provided it free we were told that they charged for it. My wife pointed out that they should have told us there was a charge up from. She refused the coffee and the waitress would not speak to us over the next two days of breakfasts (perhaps she was new!!).
Okay, so what worked? The room was in fact quite nice and had a good view. It was however too hot and the temperature was difficult to adjust. The curtains couldn't fully close so we had light streaming in all night. The Exec. Lounge was nice and the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel was not in the centre of town so guests could get the use of a free bus pass -- nice touch by the way. All in all, for the prices they were charging (HUGE!!), we expected better even if we were not diamond members. Thus, the average rating above.

Room Tip: Behind the hotel there is a supermarket where you can buy hot meals to order and the usual array of...
2  Thank kakha
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was terrific, beautiful view, helpful people, delightful. The atmosphere was comfortable but also icelandic. the only comment I have for them is that a shuttle into town would be nice….but they do give you a bus pass. It is less than two miles from the town center.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank StevenW1234321
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent two nights, was able to use Hilton Hhonors points so it was an excellent value. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and professional. Location was pretty good, we had a car so getting around wasn't an issue but hotel is a fair walk from downtown but there are free bus passes at the front desk. Dinner at VOX was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Face front, it has a good view as opposed to the backside,
2  Thank andydufrene
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Decent enough hotel in the general sense. Good morning buffet. Clean rooms. Nice enough bar. Pleasant staff, but not a very attentive staff. Had to flag down waitress more than once to get coffee and juice. They were busy resetting other empty tables with silverware. Pay attention folks... Took a long time to get a drink in a fairly empty bar. The capper was my attempt to have a working phone in my room. Requested it be fixed once, then twice, and finally a third time at which point I gave up. Promised it would be repaired. It wasn't. Said the manager would leave a note in my room. She didn't. What would she say? Sorry we didn't remedy this problem 3 times? Lastly, they failed to provide me w/ my boarding passes that were dropped at reception for me. Not very well trained for a Hilton. You can do a lot better in Reykjavik and be considerably closer to the main town.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. Try the Hotel 101
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank woccer
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As many others have reported this hotel is slightly out of the way from the downtown/ tourist center but not so far that you cannot walk to it. The staff at the front desk gave me great directions for taking the bus, which I did on the way into downtown. As I was desiring some more time stretching my legs, I walked back to the hotel from downtown and found it to be pleasant walk.

Clean and quiet corner room. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was okay, not bad.

I said that this hotel is good for airport access because the bus from KEF will take you right to the hotel. Bear in mind that there are only a few hotels truly close to KEF.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo