“Probably the best meal I had in Iceland”
Review of Apotek Restaurant

Apotek Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Argentinian, European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO APOTEK kitchen+ bar Apotek is a new and exciting restaurant located in one of the most beautiful corners of Reykjavik in Austurstraeti 16. The restaurant is casual-smart, offering delicious food in vibrant atmosphere and stylish surroundings. The menu is a fun mix of Icelandic and European cuisine with a smoking hot Argentinean grill. Dishes are designed to share and enjoy together.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is probably the best meal I had while in Iceland, although full disclosure, it was not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Regardless, I still highly recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,970)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to chance this place after seeing on TripAdvisor. It was very busy (good sign) so we sat at a table in the bar for a drink while we waited for a table. Service was excellent - just as you put an empty glass down they were there asking if you’d like another -after a long day this was perfect service!
They seated us at a table for 4 (there were 2 of us) and we had bread while we waited for our order - word of advice, don’t eat too much if you’ve ordered a main and side as the portions are huge!! I had the rack of lamb, with a side of posh chips. Boyfriend had salmon with a side of potatoes. Lamb came with 3 carrots, celeriac, veg and was by no means a small portion but extremely tasty. The salmon was perfect with a bbq sauce with a liquid consistency but the most flavoursome sauce we’d ever tried! The posh chips were fantastic as were the potatoes but we couldn’t eat it all as there was too much but we definitely tried. Again service was excellent in the restaurant, replacing empty drinks very swiftly - definitely maximising their revenue stream but it was very very good service. All staff were very polite and pleasant too.
Drinks really good including my mojito. Think are known for good cocktails. Was really busy while we were there but we didn’t feel rushed at all.
Glad we chanced it and would thoroughly recommend. Wish we had stayed in Iceland longer so we could go again!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On Friday's the Apotek has a Gourmet tasting menu, we booked for the evening and despite reservations particularly from my wife who is gluten & red meat intolerant our evening was pertty successful.
The Apotek hotel & restaurant is a very impressive building architecturally; the tasting menu was 7 or 8 courses in total with some unusual combinations.
Friendly and intentive service, my only quibble was the cost & I can only give 3 stars for value for money

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the lamb tartare with truffle fries, both of which were completely delicious and presented beautifully. It's a good quality restaurant with an interesting interior. Good competent service and the great food made my early supper very pleasurable. It's right on the main street in Reykjavik and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Icelandic tasting menu was awesome! Everything displayed beautifully and tasted delicious. There was a mix up with our tasting and the waiter delivered with 2 extra courses.
We did not have a reservation, but was accommodated with a warm Icelandic smile.
Very expensive, but worth it.