1,909 results
All reviews beer garden largest hotel tower room heated bathroom floors underfloor heating modern hotel breakfast buffet building site main restaurant small window minute walk happy hour walk in shower northern lights reception staff street parking the main shopping street
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here in Reykjavik twice on our Ring Road tour -first and last days in Iceland. Brand new hotel ( not even on GPS yet) within walking distance of harbor and right near the main shopping street in town . Great breakfast buffet and cute little brew pub right off the lobby . Get a high floor room for terrific views of the harbor!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
ThelmaTheo, Assistant General Manager at Fosshotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear FMAC523,

Wow, what an impressive title and great review.

we are delighted that you stopped by two times during your holiday in iceland and that we exceeded your expectations during both occasions.

We truly look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our Iceland Air package. It's a good option for those on a budget, it's newer and very clean. The free breakfast has a fairly large selection, and is a nice inclusion in an expensive city. Our room had modern decor and a very comfortable bed. The hotel itself is not really in the center of the city, but it's within walking distance (about ten blocks). I think if I went back I would want to be more in the center of the city but this was a great budget choice.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear kbs1010,

Thank you for the nice review.

Im glad to read that you found Fosshotel Reykjavík very clean, modern and conveinient for your needs. Thank you for your kind words.

Our hotel is about 5-7 minutes from the main shopping street. We do hope you´ll choose our property again on your next trip to Reykjavík. If you do, don´t hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. Lovely hotel and very nice staff. The beds are super comfortable, good water pressure in the showers too. Very nice location in the city.

They have a very nice restaurant which we ate at for dinner one night and the food was excellent. They also have a nice bar with yummy cocktails and a beer garden with over 200 beers! The bartender at the Beer garden was very knowledgeable about the beers and the overall atmosphere of the beer garden is really nice. Great decor!

My only complaint is that they don't have any shelving in the bathrooms so there isn't anywhere for you to put things and the shampoo/body wash they have in the showers is a really awful smell. I realise this is a personal preference and ultimately not a big deal. I would certainly stay here again but maybe next time bring my own soap/ shampoo!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear LAG2378,

Wow what an impressive rating and review! Thank you so much.

We are delighted to read you were so happy with the property and services. It looks like you tried most of what Fosshotel Reykjavík has to offer and it´s fantastic that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your kind words towards the beer garden, the property and our team.

I am happy to let you know that we have inserted shelves in all of our bathrooms for our guests convenience.

We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Foss Hotel is brand new therefore everything is very modern and clean. Our room was spotless with welcome tea and coffee provided. Excellent bathroom with both bath with shower attachment for hair and a separate shower cubicle. The heated floor was an added bonus.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Brian S,

We are so delighted to read your review. Thank you!

From spotless rooms to modern facilities, we look forward to having you back as our guest to further exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

I have both good and bad things to say.. Hotel lobby was modern with an open waiting area and bar. Rooms were modern in addition updated bathrooms..so from that point everything I wanted in a hotel. Oh, and free wi-fi which I cannot live without!! However, need to write to booking.com next as check in is clearly 4:00..as me and an entire lobby of people had to wait until 4:00 even though the receptionist kept leading us on to think that we could get in earlier..so waited in the lobby for 3 hours after coming off a red eye. Then, found out that their phone system did not work so had to walk downstairs to find someone to order me roomservice!!! So not a good start to my stay. Would recommend the Beirgarten bar for food and drink which is in hotel versus the main restaurant or bar.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Stacey G

Dear Stacey G,

thank you for your kind review on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn you enjoyed our speedy wifi connection and modern ammenities.

I apologize for the confusion at check in. The guest relations manager and I have had a discussion about your situation improve the information to our valued guests.

Thank you for reccommending the beer garden to your fellow TripAdvisor reviewers and we hope that we´ll get another chance to have you as our guest.