Book In Advance

from US$99.24
from US$114.24
from US$201.94
3,559 results
All reviews black sand basalt columns be careful sneaker waves sea stacks giants causeway amazing rock formations game of thrones waves crashing huge waves the cliff worth a stop ring road south coast car park parking lot puffins
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I felt like I was experiencing something mystical. Black sand, mist, huge waves and ominous rock formations - unforgettable views!

Date of experience: July 2012
Reviewed 15 February 2013

It was raining when we visited this black sand beach, but the sun was peeking out and we got amazing photos. Offshore lie stacks of basalt rock which according to folklore says that they are former trolls who tried to drag their boats out to sea only to be caught by the rising dawn. It was cold and windy so we didn't walk far...would have explored further had it been a nice day! This was rated one of the top 10 beaches according to Islands magazine...I wouldn't rate it top 10 but definitely one to see!

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed 13 February 2013

How many chances can one get to see a black sand beach?! Was so awesome seeing the frothy white waves crashing along the pitch black sand of the beach. I particularly loved seeing the unique rock formations in the water, which you can see from a distance. Such an unusual and out of this world beach!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We visited here as part of a mini bus tour and I am glad we did as the weather was dreadful on the day we went and the waves were huge.
I had been standing not that far away from the waters edge when the tour guide came and asked me to move further away as sometimes a huge wave would run up and take you by surprise.
I was fortunate not to get caught by any of these huge waves running up the beach but there were a couple of other tourists there who got soaked past their knees.
The scenery here though is stunning...even on a wet and windy day! and the photo opportunities are endless

Date of experience: January 2013
1  Thank scottishlassGills
Reviewed 26 January 2013

A strange 'other worldly' experience. Walking on the black sand in fading light with huge waves crashing on the shore.

Date of experience: January 2013