“Very restful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stykkisholmur
Sundabakki Guesthouse
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stykkisholmur, and the surrounding peninsula, was one of my favorite parts of Iceland. We found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable. The owner was very kind and gave helpful advice. I would not hesitate recommending the accommodations to others.

Room Tip: I would stay away from using rooms for more than two people if possible. It seemed a little tight.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul K

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My teen daughter and I stayed at Sundabakki Guesthouse at the end of May. Our room was perfect for us. Impressed with the quality of the linens, the cleanliness of the guesthouse and the charm of the owners. The common living room and welcoming dining table was a lovely area to visit with other guests/travelers - bright, tastefully decorated and away from the sleeping rooms.

I wish my kitchen at home was as well stocked and organized as the Sundabakki's.

The view from the back of the house onto the water was outstanding. I could of pulled up a chair and sat there for the afternoon. There is the skeleton of a large wrecked boat on the coast, you can see it from the guesthouse..

The one negative on the guesthouse: inconsistent internet. The guesthouse computer was not working well and the reception was poor thru out the floor with the exception of room 5.

Other than that, our stay was memorable - one of my favorites. I highly recommend this guesthouse.

3  Thank LaVidaLoca505
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me and my wife and two kids stayed at Sundabakki Guesthouse last week. I must say it was very nice. The rooms and especially the kingsizebeds where absolutely fabulous. The owners and their service was simply two thumbs up - wery helpful, friendly and very kind to our kids. The brekfast was fresh and delicious!!! There is no question in our mind that we will visit Sundabakki Guesthouse in our next trip to Stykkisholmur!!

2  Thank Upp í mót F
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We started our vacation at Sundabakki Guesthouse again :) A wonderful place to stay. Comfortable bed, slept so well. Great owners, crazy good cake :) and delicious breakfast which are all worth a cent. The town offers a lot of fun, like museums, swimming pool, golf, restaurants and shops. The harbor is wonderful. Sundabakki Guesthouse - Unforgettable memories.

2  Thank gerdagum
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My boyfriend and I recently spent the weekend in Stykkishólmur as a weekend getaway from Reykjavík. We wanted a place to stay that would allow us to travel around Snæfellsnes and see the nature sights. We were very pleased with the Sundabakki Guesthouse. The pricing was very reasonable and the house was comfortable, clean, well-lit, and appropriately stocked. Stykkishólmur is in a beautiful area and Snæfellsnes was an amazing trip. We also felt that the host was adequately reachable and helpful.
Our experience may have been unusual because we were the only ones staying in the guesthouse at the time, so we had a bit more privacy than is common, but we were very pleased and I would happily recommend this place to any of my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spencer W
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We are beginning to plan holidays in Iceland. We will definitely start our journey on STYKKISHOLMUR and stay at wonderful guesthouse Sundabakki, Sundabakki 14. It is so nice and comfortable there, The most memorable are the couple who run the place, a good bed and a good breakfast. We´re looking forward to go back there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gerdagum
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A lovely guesthouse with a charming owner. Has all the things one would wish for: spotless rooms, crisp sheets, quiet, a beautiful location. What makes it special are the little touches- a particularly delicious breakfast and a very informative and kind host. This was my favorite guesthouse in Iceland. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends