“A Barcelona Brew Brought Back Memories !”
Review of Ole Fuego - CLOSED

Ole Fuego
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As the new Indooroopilly Shopping Centre is nearing completion we were delighted to see a number of restaurants and an ice cream shop open up along the Station Road side outside from the Food Hall. They are in full view across the street from our practice at the Day & Night Medical Centre.

We recognized the name OLE and were told it was a satellite restaurant from the well-known original at South Bank. After Saturday morning hours my wife and I crossed the street to its inviting open sidewalk street frontage for a bite of lunch. As it was a mild day we chose the front open area was greeted by a Oriol (with authentic Spanish accent). Water and menus quickly came out.

I ordered the Confit Duck with wild mushrooms sauteed in butter ($19) and my wife ordered the deep fried seasoned prawns (Tapas style) ($12). I ordered a beer I had enjoyed in Barcelona a couple years ago, Estrella Light ($7.50) to compliment my meal. My wife wanted a cappuccino ($3.50) to perk her up after the morning's rush. Our beverages were quickly served

Unfortunately, as newbies, we were presented with plate of small prawns with their shells still on. Oriol blithely encouraged my wife to ''just eat them whole'' (heads & tails included). The ''yuck-Factor'' soon kicked in, even after pulling off the front & rear ends. I called Oriol over and said, ''Put a Rush on the Chicken Croquetas.'' ($13.00)

I must say my Duck platter was a delight. The duck was cooked to is juicy perfection with a crispy skin and meat that fell off the bone. The sauteed mushrooms were a tasty compliment to a dish dressed with wilted spinach leaves. The Croquetas came out before I finished and found favor with my wife. We enjoyed the ambiance that only a new sidewalk restaurant can give you. The Spanish background music was at a reasonable level to enjoy and bring back memories of that Iberian flavour we experienced. We'll be coming back again to try out other parts of the extensive menu.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went to Ole Fuego with the extended family as it was a sharing tapas menu.

Good reception bookings only available for parties greater than 8.

Waitress was fantastic - explained all options and answered all questions without any hassle - even the children's likes were dealt with in a very friendly manner. This was in the middle of a very busy night - well done.

The food arrived and was just wonderful - very dish had a different flavour but all complimented the Spanish flavour - highlights were the prawns and lambs belly although they could have included any of the selection we enjoyed.

Desserts were as described and extended the quality of the total meal.

Must mention the Sangria - just wonderful as an accompaniment to the meal. The bartender was particularly efficient.

The restaurant was buy with a wide range of patrons. I am sure that it will become a must go destination for Western suburbs patrons so long waiting for a good restaurant for adults and children in the area.

It isn't cheap but good food costs so it was worth paying for.

Because of the popularity it can become noisy but that adds to the occasion.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Spain at Indooroopilly. Well at last there are a host of new restaurants at Shopping Town. Arrived at Ole Fuego which has just opened, atmosphere and presentation from the side walk looked extremely inviting. Greeted by very friendly international staff and water was immediately available at the table. We ordered 2 glasses of house Spanish red. We shared Tapas-Setas and then a main course Cerdo with bread. Food was absolutely delicious. Live music was a treat and by 7pm the restaurant was quickly filling up. From the restaurant the open plan kitchen with full view of chefs preparing food looked 5 star. Cost is so surprisingly low, $70 for two people including 2 glasses of wine each. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED-

Reviewed 7 June 2014

It takes a lot of blood sweat, tears and money to open a new restaurant and all power to the owners. We were excited to try a new restaurant and were welcomed by accommodating staff and a wonderful decor. We decided to go for Tapas as there are few Tapas restaurants in Brisbane and everyone loves Tapas. The menu clearly showed the prices which were a little high, but we were disappointed at what was served. The bread was $8. A jug of sangria was $32 which almost served 5 of us. The Potatas Bravas was $8 - you usually expect these to be served glistening straight from the frypan, but these were a dry and not very hot. The octopus was four small pieces and the calimari was dried out and extremely salty.

The Tapas came out quickly, but the mains took forever. At the end of the day, the value was just not there. It was overly expensive for what you got. I'd love to be saying anything else, but we won't be going back. The food simply did not justify the pricetag.

1  Thank Joe J
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a great new addition to dining in the Western Suburbs. We had tapas which was superb and just the right amount but we will definitely be back to try a main meal. I have my eye on the share plate of paella. The only down side to the restaurant is that they don't take bookings however we had no trouble getting a table on Saturday night and the service was quick and efficient. I would most certainly recommend a visit.