“Have stayed at better 4 star hotels”

The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Vines
Perth, Western Australia
“Have stayed at better 4 star hotels”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in room 118. The room is a bit dated compared to other 4 star hotels that I have stayed in and would rate this rather a 3 star hotel. The outdoor swimming pool is fantastic for the kids and there is an outdoor spa as well. There are 2 outdoor tennis courts to use for free but you have to pay for rackets/balls if you don't bring your own. The breakfast has a good selection of hot/cold food and coffee/teas.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking time to review the resort. We really value your feedback and appreciate it. Please allow me to express my humble apologies, that your experience was not up to your expectation.

At The Novotel Vines Resort we always endeavour to ensure all our guest's requirements are met. Please rest assured that I have taken note of your concerns and I will notify the relevant department concerned to address. We are currently in the process of refurbishing the resort. I hope you will return soon to stay with us so that you give us a chance to win your confidence back.

I am glad that the kids loved the pool and you enjoyed the outdoor spa. It is with great delight that I have read you enjoyed the breakfast, in particular our Executive Chef's good selection of hot/cold food and coffee/teas. I will pass on the compliment to the Executive Chef and our Restaurant Manager.

Thank you once again for staying with us and providing feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Charity Chola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Indonesian first
Perth Wa
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend of 23 and 24 November in a 3 bedroom villa. For this privilege we paid $352. The villa was dirty, the cutlery in the kitchen was unwashed from he last use, there were no plugs in either of the bathrooms. In addition the windows are in desperate need of some form of sun and light block. The vertical blinds in place are outdated, broken and in effective. The shower screen door in the en suite bathroom as broken and could not be used. All in all an absolute rip off.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Terry M
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review the resort. We really appreciate your feedback, it is of great value. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, that your experience was not up to your expectation. At the Novotel Vines Resort we always endeavour to satisfy all our guests' requirements.

I have taken note of all the concerns you raised, and I will notify the relevant departments concerned so that they may address the matters, to ensure we may offer you better service in the future. We are currently in the process of refurbishing the resort.

My humble apologies, once more for any inconvenience during your stay. I hope that you will give us a chance to win your confidence back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these The Vines hotels

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at this (resort!) Don't really know where to start.
In the 5 nights our sheets were changed once and we almost had to beg to get that done.
The carpet we not vacuumed. When we asked that our room be cleaned it had already been checked off!
The towels were those if a really cheap hotel and we had to ask for those every day.
Channels on the tv, almost none existant
The breakfast was another story. THE FRUIT WAS OUT OF A CAN! That is totally disgusting for a hotel advertising itself as a resort and being in the home of fruit! The smorgasbord was not worth the price.
They wanted extra money for the wifi
The furniture in the coffee shop is old, uncomfortable needs replacing
I don't want to speak of all of the staff as some were really nice, but if I was going to rate their job as 'how can I serve you?' Most would fall well under the line expected. When you ask directions of a staff member at a supposed high rated resort you don't expect to get "over there love"
For the money not recommended

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley and sharing with us your experience on your recent stay. I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At The Vines, we endeavour to ensure all our guests' requirements are met. I really appreciate and value your feedback. Your comments on other aspects are well noted. I will ensure the departments concerned are aware, so that they may address the concerns you raised so that we may better serve you in the future.

I would like to express my humble apologies once more. I do hope that you will consider to stay with us again in the future so that we may win your confidence back.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Just had a quick stay at the vines for business. The facilities are looking a little run down. Had a great dinner in Muscats the steak was beautiful. However when I woke in the morning I had two unwanted guest. The answer at reception was the rooms are close to the bush. Sorry but that is not an excuse for cockroaches. IMG_0047.JPG

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Swan Valley Vines Resort. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the concern that you mentioned, so as to ensure we serve you better next time you stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your dinner in Muscats Restaurant, in particular the steak. I will pass on the compliment to our restaurant manager and chef.

I appreciate your feedback and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to win your confidence back.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the 3 bed villa. Not 4 star at all. Needs complete renovation. Old decor. Blinds terrible. Shower curtain old and not long enough to stop flood in bathroom. I visited the hotel and wished that we had just booked rooms here. Looks much nicer. Think again before booking this place. It really needs some TLC.

• Stayed November 2013
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with us your experience about your recent stay at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley. I am incredibly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation.

I have taken careful note of the details you provided and passed your comments to the relevant department, to follow up. We are in the process of refurbishing the resort. It is very encouraging to read that we have nice hotel rooms.

Thank you once more for your feedback. We very much appreciate and value it. We do hope you would consider The Novotel Vines Resort again and give us a chance to win your confidence back.

Warm Regards

Australind- WA
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Recently spent a weekend at the Vines resort for a family wedding, we stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment overlooking the golf course, overall the facilities were reasonable however we found the rooms are looking somewhat tired, for the price payed and the hype given on the hotel website general improvements to details are required and refurbishment is warranted.
Things like really worn timber work some in need of a new coat of paint, peeling wallpaper and tired carpeting in some areas bring the overall standard down.
Small details are so important and can unfortunately impact the overall impression for example in relation to the wedding, it was a hot day with only two shade umbrellas provided which shaded only 6 of the chairs set out in front of an arch used for the ceremony, perhaps this was the fault of the wedding party for not asking for more but I would have thought that function staff employed by the resort would have thought of and perhaps made a suggestion of such as they would surely be familiar with the ceremony area. The red carpet supplied to create an aisle was placed over uneven paving that had a deep dip in it which resulted in the bride falling rather than walking down the aisle, this was in my opinion an inexusable oversight and caused the bride understandable distress.
In fairness some positive notes and there were some, the wedding fare ( waiter served cocktail style finger foods) was really good with great variety, the serving staff were very professional and friendly, buffet breakfast was good with ample choices at a reasonable price, the bar staff were fantastic and general drink and cocktail prices reasonable in comparision to other Perth area hotels
In conclusion I would be wary of booking a wedding or function for myself or member of my family because of room quality and a lack of attention to important issues and would choose to stay somewhere else for a couple or family vacation as we felt the price paid was not reflected by the overall quality of our experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your correspondence regarding your recent stay at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley. It was a great pleasure to read that you experienced an overall good stay at the resort. We do appreciate your valued feedback and we consider it paramount in our endeavours to improve on our customer service and the quality of our product.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the pricing structure that the hotel has. All hotels set their rates to the competitive set within the area. This means that the Novotel rates are structured in-line with the neighboring hotels within the Swan Valley region.

The hospitality and tourism industry uses what is called dynamic pricing; this means the higher the demand for rooms, the pricing bracket also increases. This is an industry standard implemented internationally for every hotel chain. This may result in the rise and fall of rates daily according to industry fluctuations.

The Novotel hotel chain is globally renowned for its quality service and at times the prices can reflect this, on this occasion I can understand that the rate could seem expensive and I do apologize for this. However, competitor hotels within the region are in excess of this figure.

I very much regret and apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay at our hotel. Typically, our Hotel has a reputation of providing some of the best accommodation, service and reasonable rates within the industry.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention, I have informed the relevant departments to follow up. I hope we will be given the opportunity of welcoming you to our hotel in the future, where we are able to extend to you the high level of service we strive to offer all of our guests.

Yours faithfully,

bunbury
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The apartment was well positioned on the edge of a golf fairway,with kangaroos and ducks within 20 mtrs, which was lovely.
However the unit has not had a paint or general maintenance for many years.It could have done with a spring clean as well.
Main part of the hotel was reasonable however the breakfast fairly average.
I suppose if you love golf you may be prepared to put up with these short comings,However I believe that the Novotel group are doing themselves an injustice.

Room Tip: Ask for apartment with Golf Fairway frontage.