“Loved my stay in this beautiful house”

Boronia Lodge Burwood
Ranked #1 of 3 Burwood B&B and Inns
Shellharbour, Australia
“Loved my stay in this beautiful house”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Had to search for a motel recently due to a major event in Sydney meaning most accommodation was booked out. My search was well worth the effort when I fund this lovely place. Buwrood is only 10 minutes from the city (on express train) and the lodge is a 10 minute walk from the station. The house is a lovely old building full of charm and character. Jen, the manager was very accommodating, moving me to a quiet room after I mentioned that I was a light sleeper. It is more like being in a friends bedroom than a motel room.
There was milk and cereal in the room for brekky, although there was only full cream milk not skim so I skipped brekky.
The bathroom was a bit on the tiny side, but as I was staying by myself it wasnt an issue.
I stayed in Room 12, which wasn't air conditioned, again this wasnt an issue as the weather was fine, however, if you were staying in the warm weather, you might like to ask for one of the air conditioned rooms as due to the style of the windows, they dont have screens to keep bugs out at night.
I would definitely recommend this motel and if I were attending an event at Olympic Park, Homebush this would be my choice of accommodation. Thank you Jen for a wonderful stay :)

Room Tip: If the weather is warm, ask for an air conditioned room; windows can be opened but have no screens t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Donnabee4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were staying overnight Saturday night to attend the football at ANZ Stadium. We arrived around 1.00 pm and checked in, then walked to the station (only a few hundred metres) and caught the train into Sydney. Later in the afternoon we caught the train back out, only problem was that not many trains seem to stop at Burwood, so we ended up getting off at the station after and catching a taxi back to Burwood. Later we caught the train to Strathfield and changed to an express to Olympic Park. After the game we caught the train to Lidcome and then changed and got off at Burwood and walked back to Boronia Lodge, which was pretty easy. The room was nice and clean and had everything that we needed. It had a small kitchenette and bathroom and the bed was very comfy. We had a good night's sleep until the alarm went off at 6.00 am. We were able to park the car off the street and left very early on Sunday morning. Cereal was included for breakfast. Great value and a good location, I would highly recommend Boronia Lodge whether you are attending an event at Olympic Park, or if you want to commute into Sydney it is much cheaper than staying in the city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is a great boutique hotel. The most comfortable sleep ever. Our hostess was very friendly and helpful. The room was great , great ensuite, and kitchenette. Lots of hanging space in wardrobe. We will definitely be staying again. Quiet street close to Westfield mall and train station. Best location. Overall great stay

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Boronia Hotel is located in a very peaceful street. A very short walk to the train station and a Westfield Shopping Centre. My husband and I (both in our 50's), felt both comfortable and relaxed on entering this beautiful old house. Our bed (double) was the most comfortable I have ever slept in re hotel accommodation (we travel overseas on a regular basis). The en-suite was quite spacious and very clean. Our host 'Jennifer' was very helpful in our reservation booking and also on meet and greet. On check out we told Jennifer we would definitely be back again when we were next in Sydney.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bathurst NSW
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed hre again on a recent trip to Sydney for concerts. The booking process was seamless, and the whole experience, wonderful. Not a standard hotel, and not a B&B, but rather a unique pleasant, very comfortable, welcoming accommodation option, located in a central Sydney aea (Greater Sydney, not the CBD) 10 minute drive from downtown. Short 10 minute, comfortable, flat stroll into Burwood main street and shopping centre.

Stayed in an ensuite twin room, on fhe front verandah, and were very comfortable, with a mini kitchennette consisting of a bar fridge, microwave, kettle, coffee, tea, cereal, and plunger coffee! There in a full size kitchen in the building also, as this establishment is a converted, beautiful old home in a quiet, safe, leafy street.

We'll be back... what more can I say!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Boronia Lodge for 3 nights. We found the accommodation to be comfortable and had all the facilities that you required. The thing we liked about Boronia was that it was in the middle of a busy suburb, but the area it was in was very quite, especially at night. It was very convenient to Westfield Shopping Centre and restaurants. The selection of restaurants within walking distance of Boronia was impressive.

You could walk to the railway station within 15 minutes, and then you could travel to any part of Sydney. We went to the football at Olympic Stadium and it was so convenient getting there by public transport. As I said we were there for 3 nights and hardly used our car. For the price of the rooms I think it is excellent value for money in Sydney.

Jenny, who managed Boronia was very friendly and more than willing to help, if you had any issues. Even though the accommodation is definitely not 5 star, it has a great cosy feel about it. You definitely get a good night sleep. WI Fi is available if required.

I would definitely recommend Boronia to anyone who is looking for a budget option in Sydney. You will definitely get value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Our room was in front facing the road, but the surrounding area was very quiet in the night. A good place for sleep quality.
The room was clean, nice, with flat screen TV, the ensuite bathroom is small but clean and the only problem was how to adjust the hot shower correctly and quickly, otherwise the others were OK. Nice and comfy double bed.
It is a walking distance to two railway Stations, Burwood or Croydon Stations in Inner West Line.
Once reach the railway station you can go to CBD and greater Sidney area by trains, bus and ferry networks.
Shopping and restaurant are in walking distance at Burwood centre and near Croydon Station, still open until 11pm.
One bus route goes to Burwood centre from Airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank santo t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burwood
Shilla Lodge Hotel
Shilla Lodge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Strathfield
Comfort Inn & Suites Burwood
Ibis Budget Enfield
Ibis Budget Enfield
#1 of 2 in Strathfield South
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Cambridge Lodge Guest House
Strathfield Hotel
Strathfield Hotel
#3 of 3 in Strathfield

Been to Boronia Lodge Burwood? Share your experiences!