“Best of Huaiyang Cuisine”

My Chinese Kitchen 秦淮食府
Ranked #42 of 119 Restaurants in Burwood
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Star707, Sydney
“Best of Huaiyang Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Sydney has two China Towns. There's the one in the City which is where it all began, and then there is Burwood. After dark on Friday and Saturday nights Burwood's really buzzing. The Chinese restaurants share centre stage with the Lebanese restaurants which makes for a really pumping scene. The Lebanese are sucking shisha on their hubble bubbles while the local Chinese are across the road putting out one of China's four main cuisines. My Chinese Kitchen are from Nanjing City and their Huaiyang cuisine is incredibly delicious. They have starters from about $7.50, mains from around $17 to $22 and special dishes like lobster at market prices. They also have a small but exciting dessert menu. For starters we had "juicy buns' which are really shanghai dumplings, one of my favourites. We also ordered a beef dish, pipis and prawn egg roll. The menu offers Huaiyang style chicken, pork, seafood and beef dishes, one that caught my eye was yellow crispy eels. I really enjoyed this restaurant. The decore is not distracting and authentically unapologetic. The service is warm and friendly. You can BYO. The tea is green. Interestingly the menu is beautiful to hold. I will be back. Loved the food.

• Visited November 2013