Comfort Inn & Suites Burwood
Megaboom City Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$62
Agoda.com
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$131
Agoda.com
Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
QT Sydney(Sydney)
US$235
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$216
Hotels.com
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Mantra on Kent(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$141
Orbitz.com
US$137
US$122
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
US$189
US$178
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Room Service
All reviewsfree undercover parkingbusy roadstaff were extremely friendly and helpfulroom was cleannice breakfasttrain stationsofa bedpublic transportper dayshopping centreigarailcleanlinessaccommodationconveniencelinens
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Amenities
The parking, breakfast facilities, and the room were all fine.

Cigarette Smoke
Most nights I went to bed with cigarette smoke wafting into my room. Once it cleared, often someone else would pop outside for a smoke. I'd also wake up to cigarette smoke too.

Cockroaches (?)
The room contained many small cockroaches.

Noise
Traffic noise towards the front of the complex was extremely loud. I could hear what was going on in adjacent rooms, and talking passers-by always woke me up. There's no insulation against any of this sound. It's as though the room had no door.

Fire Alarm
The very loud fire alarm went off for about ten seconds one night.

I did not sleep well any of the nights I stayed here.

Room Tip: Stay at the back.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank d j
ZeinaSukkar, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Burwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you DJ for taking the time to post your review about your experience with us.

I am pleased to hear that our room, parking and dining facilities have all met your expectations.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the traffic noise, fire alarm and cigarette smoke. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. I would like to suggest that if you wish to stay with us in the future to request an upgrade to our quieter rooms towards the back of the complex.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Burwood.

Kind Regards,
Pascale.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Staying 2 nights for business trip on the 3rd floor. Bed was comfy and everything was fine. Its on a very busy road but my window faced the back and instead of road noise all I heard was a very skilled classical guitar player somewhere down below which I rather enjoyed. The decor is dated but this doesn't bother me. The attached restaurant is a bit average but the kebab place across the road was quite good. Easy 20 minute walk to central Burwood.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

The team at the Comfort Inn and Suites Burwood are pleased that you found our beds comfy and that the balcony facing the back worked in your favor( Classical guitar music is always a blessing). We have also changed our menu and chef and now have an Italian restaurant and menu on site with extended hours. I would suggest you try this on your next stay with us as we have had many positive remarks.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Pascale.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We needed somewhere to stay for an indefinite period of time (around 3 weeks duration). It was not a leisure stay which is why we opted to stay at a more reasonably priced place rather than the usual 5 star hotels. My encounter with one of the staff members was dreadful (to say the least) and any complaints I made regarding the situation fell completely on deaf ears as the young lady who I had an issue with is the motel owners daughter in law. I will not bore everyone with the details of the issue, however I believe if you decide to open a family operated business you should train all the family members who have direct contact with customers in customer service. In my case when the young lady saw that I was visibly distressed by her behaviour and that I had become irate at her due to the situation which she perpetuated, instead of saying to me 'I'm sorry' or trying to placate me from my upset sate and making no efforts to console me in the least; she looked at me and said "You have an attitude". Enough said.

At that point I felt like I was in some third grade high school not in a supposed motel where I' m a customer. Never had such an experience with an individual in a commercial setting in my life.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank livelife990

Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay at Comfort Inn & Suites Burwood.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your past visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

good place to stay at great price and location free parking and very clean room service meals cheap and quick

will stay again next time in town

only prob I hade was inconsiderate travelers made the stay a little frustrating at 2am 2 nights in a row when they slammed their doors shut this is not the hotels fault

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BRT K
ZeinaSukkar, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Burwood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay with us.
We do offer free parking to all guests as a welcome gesture and thank you for your appreciation. Our location is very central and yes i must agree that our rooms are very clean. The cleanliness of the guest rooms are our top priority and i have passed this great review on to the housekeeping department and they are very appreciative of your comment. I am sorry to hear that there were a few inconsiderate guests that kept you up, i would like in the future for you to let reception know so you can not be woken up again. We do open 24 hours to avoid any similar situation as our guests comfort are our main concern. I am pleased that your overall experience was exceptional and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind Regards.
Management.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

we stayed 7 days in the Junior suite, The rooms are small for 2 people but comfortable, the location is great close to all transport, bus and trains, they also offer a courtesy bus service which is great to get your bearings.
Bathroom is small but functionable be aware the bath is quite high to step up into , there is a handle to assist but be aware if your small or elderly.
Staff were very helpful and friendly nothing was too much trouble. If you are not used to traffic noise ensure you ask for a room away from the front, there is plenty to choose from unfortunately they were booked out when we stayed, We got used to the traffic noise but the first few nights were sleepless. Excellent undercover parking provided at no cost. Restaurant is small but meals were great. Great place to stay reasonable priced close to Sydney

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay was exceptional. I must agree that we are situated in a prime location close to all transport types and as a bonus we do run a courtesy bus for our guests convenience. For your next stay with us, please ask for the walk in shower instead of the bath tub as this will assist the elderly. We do have different types of rooms to assist all guests and must agree to your comment that nothing is too hard or difficult for the staff. We believe that the guests must be happy and satisfied with their stay so we will endeavor to provide that service. Thank you for your kind words and valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,