Have stayed at this hotel on at least 4 occasions. Hotel is fine. Nice setting and great location.
Staff are great. Value for money, you can't fault it. BUT, I don't understand why they don't cover the food at the breakfast buffet area. Everything is left in the trays or bowls uncovered, from the cooked items to the breads, cereals, jams etc and attracts flies for breakfast as well. The hotel is clean and tidy but I won't touch any breakfast that you have to shoo off a bunch of flies before you tuck in. Come on altinkaya, sort it out. Get some covers on the food. Mentioned this when we were there but didn't change anything.
Also the bathrooms are very tired, they need a bit of tlc.
These are my only complaints and could be easily sorted. I will def stay here again, it is a nice and convenient hotel with nice staff.
If you don't want flies for breakfast, don't be put off, as you can get a fantastic breakfast at the new lemar for £3. Only 2 mins away.
Full English breakfast and tea. Fab.
Overall the hotel is very good. They don't claim to be 5 star. It's very good value for money. Just wish they would sort the things I mentioned.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, GoNorthCyprus and Cancelon so you can book your Altinkaya Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altinkaya Holiday Village Hotel Karakoumi
- Altinkaya Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Altinkaya Holiday Village Hotel Kyrenia
- Altinkaya Holiday Resort Cyprus/Ozankoy