“Could be perfect - if only someone had a bit of flair!”

Altinkaya Holiday Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ozankoy
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Great location, friendly staff.... but.... breakfast basic and boring, evening meals very disappointing. Rooms clean - but no response to compaint about toilet not flushing. "Shuttle bus" only runs 3 times daily and at inconvenient times. Traffic noise intrusive at first. Garden and swimming pools delightful and well maintained. Would recommend to someone intending to hire car and intending to eat out, but not for half or full board.
Kettle mugs and fridge in our room - but no tea/coffee, plates or cutlery.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2010

The hotel was recovering from the heavy rain storm so the pool was not available, no loss as it was too cold anyway. The rooms were clean and comfortable but dated. The shower was faulty but was repaired the same day it was reported. All the staff were friendly and efficient. Thats the good points, now the bad points My wife and I ordered a sherry no problem I finished mine and found bits in the bottom of the glass my wife checked hers and found the same, upon complaining to the barman he shrugged his shoulders and said why did you not tell me sooner. This was his attitude all along with complaints. The food served was alright but always luke warm and we had to keep sending it back, I always worry about sending food back as you dont know what they will do. We had to keep quiet at night as the hallways were tiled and echoed we were even told to keep the noise down when we were talking in the dining room. I thought we were on holiday. It was like a retirement home for holiday makers not so much as one foot in the grave, but one leg in the grave.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coventrybof
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I have stayed in this hotel for many years now and I have never had a problem. First of all it is great value for money. The staff are extemely friendly, the food is nice, and the rooms are more than ample. I think the hotel rooms could use some updating however the bungalows on the other side are fab! Clean, modern, and with great amenities. A choice of 2 pools and 2 sunbathing spots means that you will always get the best spot.
It is also in a fantastic location, not far from the town of Kyrenia, or the monastery of Bellapais.
I have stayed here many times over the years, and will be continuing to do so for as long as I visit N.Cyprus.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KyreniaQueen
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Just spent ten days at this hotel and was very dissapointed with choice of hotel. The hotel badly needs updating. The accomodation is shabby. The staff were very friendly and welcoming but the accomodation has a lot to be desired. Stayed in two storey bungalow. Curtains didnt fit windows. Street lights shone through windows. Very noisy because of proximity to road and also dogs barking. The bathroom needed complete overhaul. We have stayed in Northern Cyrpus before and stayed in Pia Bella previously. This hotel no comparison. It should be rated two star and not three. The breakfast provided was never hot but warm and the selection was limited compared to other hotels that we have stayed in Northern Cyprus. Would not stay here again. Location is fine and staff did work very hard, can't fault the staff.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanennis
Reviewed 17 August 2009

5th Visit TRNC best accomodation yet. Exactly as described to me when making booking. We were in a galleried Bungalow in main complex. Cannot really fault it, clean, basic and adequate. If we needed additional crockery/cutlery all we had to do was ask. No matter what time of day we went to pool always sun beds available so no need to put towels out at the break of dawn! Pool area spotless. Free Internet access available though it is only dial up, there is only one PC but if all you want to do is check your emails and the headlines it is ideal. Air con and safe in room NO EXTRA charge!!

Location - 20 min walk from Kyrenia, 5 mins from nearby Supermarket. 5 mins from 'Alesta' Kebab House we ate here many times excellent food superb value.

Yes there is a busy road outside the complex but it never disturbed us or caused any problems. Car Hire appeared to be an issue we have never booked in advance and still managed to get a car but it was not as easy as in past.

Will I return? TRNC oh yes, Altinkaya I hope so, I would not hesitate to reccomend this establishment.

££ you can pay for almost any thing in sterling, significant purchases are priced in Stg£ and you get a much better rate for your mony if you change to YTL when in TRNC. In Lefcosa(Nicosia) tourist shops in center many things priced in Euro's though you can pay in almost any currency! The border crossing in the shopping center is open you just walk through the green line (100Yds)into Greek side if you wish though you do need passports.

This has been our best holiday yet in TRNC I have have always travelled with Cyprus Paradise now Cyprus Premier. The holiday provided was exactly as I had requested providing excellent service and value for money.

Any Criticism? Yes though it is aimed at the politicians it is about time the international community got its act together and recognised the TRNC it is not going to go away and direct flights should be permitted!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank KingBillie
Reviewed 7 August 2009

My husband and I have just spent a month staying at Altinkaya . We were in the villas for 3 weeks and a hotel room room for one week. We found this hotel gave excellent service to all guests - the staff are friendly and could not do enough for you. It was like being on holiday with family. The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels provided daily. The food was good and varied and exceeded our expectations.
If you like peace and quietness then a hotel room at the back of the hotel is your best bet as the road to Bellapais can be noisy if you are in the villas. The views on the mountains are awsome. We will definitely be back to this hotel. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacdor61
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I just spent a holiday at ALTINKAYA BUNGALOWS and was very suprised with what I found. After I booked I read past reviews of complex and was terrified that I had made a big mistake. However, I found many of previous comments to be unjustified. Yes the bungalows are a little bit dated and well-worn, but they are clean and functional and I was not too worried about my two boys climbing all over the furniture, as they do. The gardens are superb and I could not keep the kids out of the pool. The food was very good and there was always plenty to eat. The staff are all lovely and nothing was ever too much trouble. I found it excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank spanish-girl123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozankoy
Hotel Pia Bella
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
#1 of 3 in Agios Georgios
Bellapais Monastery Village

Been to Altinkaya Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!