“great accommodation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aunt Maria's
Paphos, Cyprus
“great accommodation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

My sister and I were looking for a nice place where we could spend a weekend and in the end we were surely more than pleased. We stayed in the garden appartment and found everything really convenient. What I particularly liked is that the appartment had contemporary services such as a fully equiped kitchen, air-conditioning and satellite tv but it also had elements in its decoration that reminded us of Lefkara's tradition. I wish we could have stayed longer in Lefkara! It's a great place to stay and from there, one can also access other villages by car - the surrounding area is breathtaking. We extend our thanks to Mrs Pitsa for being very helpful with anything we needed. Hope we return at some point!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Mar_19_11

Business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

I have often visited Cyprus, but this was the first time I stayed in Lefkara, and I am very glad I did. It must be one of the best places to be on the island.

My apartment was perfect: clean, quiet and comfortable, with a fully functional kitchen - so no need to rely always on eating out.
Having said that, there was no shortage of good restaurants within walking distance in the village. I tried several, and they were all good and sometimes excellent.

The owner of the apartments was very friendly and helpful, and gave me a warm welcome and much information about the locality and places to visit.

I found the village of Lefkara absolutely charming - indeed one of the most picturesque I have seen in Cyprus. It is ideal for getting away from the crowds, yet being close to everything needed.
I particularly enjoyed the short drive to the coast and some of the seafood restaurants there.

All in all it was great value for money, and I felt lucky to have chosen to stay at Aunt Marias. Absolutely a place to return to.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
episkopi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I spent a most relaxing weekend at Aunt Maria's, where we found the accommodation, the welcome and the location all way above what we had expected. The amenities allowed us to cater for ourselves completely, keep in touch with our e-mails and we even watched the Wimbledon championships. Although we have lived in Cyprus for 3 years, this was our first trip to Lefkara, which we found absolutely charming. Although we planned a 'chill-out' weekend, it is an ideal base for exploring the surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

Spent a weekend in the West Apartment of this delightful complex at the beginning of June 2009 and I cannot recommend it enough. The attention to detail both in the design of the building and in the care that has been taken to ensure that guests have all their home comforts makes Aunt Maria’s a must for all those visitors to Cyprus who want to get away from ‘conveyor belt’ tourism.

We relaxed, explored the charming traditional village streets and didn’t want to leave! But the best thing I can say about Aunt Maria’s is once visited you will want to return.

Frances and Julie London UK

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

this was probably the best trip i have ever made, i was located in the eastern apartment, that was fully lurnished with new furniture and kitchen, it also had satelite tv and central heating for the cold nights

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple