“Hotel was fine, but not good located”

Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express Canterbury begin june 2011. As always in these hotels, no real surprise, room was nice, breakfast included and ok and the staff friendly. Bad suprise was the location of the hotel. Direct on the motorway behind a service station and not at all in Canterbury.
This might be ok for a stopover (what a lot of busses did), but we where expecting a little less motorway and a bit more town. Must say that we did not have any noise problems and that it took us about 10 min by car, which is ok, but not what we expected. If you do not have a car or do not want to take it into Canterbury this hotel is not a good option.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Canterbury

Reviewed 22 May 2011

My sister and I spent nights 20/21 June at this Inn and we had a wonderful break. The room, service and food was excellent. We would both recommend this hotel to our friends and families. Well done and thank you all once again. Frances Waite and Charlotte Woolley.

• Stayed: May 2011
canterbury10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable feedback .I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Feedback like yours certainly help us to measure where we stand with regards to customer service and qulaity.
Once again thank you for staying and your compliments.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future

Reagrds

Reviewed 7 May 2011

Just looking for cheap accom. This place was fab, staff very friendly and the room was very very smart and comfortable! We took advice though and asked for a room away from the motorway. Would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2011
canterbury10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for you feed back.
We value your feed back as it helps us to measure where we stand with regards to Quality and Customer service.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stayed here for a week on business travel. No bellman to help carry my heavy luggage up 3 flights of stairs. Customer service were not rude but very indifferent. Room was noisy with the traffic from the highway so be sure to request a room on non-hwy side of hotel. The hotel is also not near anything, so if you are not driving it is at least 10pounds each way to Canterbury downtown by taxi. The one thing I really enjoyed was the breakfast - nice selection! Unless I have no choice, I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
canterbury10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
I have made a note of this however I would liek to let you know that we are Express property which is a premier budget hotel and the brand standards is not to have any porterage or room service, however all my staff has been trained to go an extra mile to satisfy the guest needs.

I am sorry to learn that you would not like to return to the hotel, but if it is just this portergage that stops you using us then I can make sure there is some one to help with the luggage or assign a room on the ground floor next to reception

Thanks again for the valuable feed back

Reviewed 28 April 2011

The Hotel Bathroom was the only good feature in the facility. The Hotel is far from Canterbury so unless you have a car taxi is the main option. Also it is just next to highway so very noisy.
The hotel restaurant is the main option for dining. With in walking distance their is a gas station and a fish and chips type over priced restaurant.
The service was bad as the staff were not helpful. When we asked them about restaurent dining option they quoted us a wrong price for Sunday dinner.
No fan in the room and during our visit the hot weather was unbearable in the room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable feed back .
I have looked into the issue have placed fans in all the rooms now.I have also asked the maintainance engineer to look into the ventilation problems as well.

With regards to the helpfulness of the staff I have instructed and trianed all the staff with regards to various facilities and menus that we have currently in the hotel.
My sincere apologies for all the inconvenices caused but I hope this would not deter you using us in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

We were given a choice of a room upstairs or downstairs on arrival and having asked for a quiet room were given one overlooking a grassy bank and forestry. The evening meal was very good and there was a lovely choice for breakfast. It was also nice having a complimentary paper every day and a local one too on the Saturday. Hope to stay again and explore more of this interesting area. Thank you to the staff for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bertie65

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back .This will certianly allow us to measure we stand as to quality and customer service.

I am deligthed to know that you enjoyed your stay and would use us again .

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future

Kind Reagrds

Reviewed 21 March 2011

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for four nights while visiting Canterbury. This hotel was about 10 minutes outside of town, and offered much for the money. It was extremely clean, we had a triple room and the fold out couch was way more comfortable than fold out couches in hotels in the states. While the room wasn't huge, it was a good size for Europe. We were able to control our room temperature by either turning the heat off or on, or by opening the window for fresh air. There was a good selection of breakfast food, and the staff was very helpful. Parking and WiFi- no additional charge! I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheTraveling3
canterbury10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback.

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Feed back like yours is very imp[ortant to us and this would help us to measure where we stand with regards to customer service .

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you in the near future

General manager

Cathedral Gate Hotel
#2 of 16 in Canterbury
Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments
Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central

Been to Holiday Inn Express Canterbury? Share your experiences!