We were arriving in London for a 30 day cruise during the recent riots and for safety reasons decided to switch to Canterbury instead. We arrived by Taxi and thought he was getting gas when he pulled into our hotel. We paid over 100 pounds for the taxi ride and felt stranded. I must refused to stay as we were with another couple and wanted a convenient place to tour from. They were so far out they had a deal with a taxi to take you into town for 10 pounds each way.
We didn't stay, but I must say they did find us another hotel convenienty located and ordered a taxi. This place would be acceptable if you had a car. If not, forget going here.
Our trip got off to a terrible start as the Travel Lodge we went to said we were 1 hour early and charged us 10 pounds to put our suitcases in our room. In addition, we were given one extremely small bar of soap and no shampoo in the hotel. Guess we are spoiled in America.
Once we started touring, the bad things were forgotten as Canterbury is a charming place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern 89 room hotel offering well appointed guest rooms with writing desk, TV, Hair Dryer, and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The hotel offers free WiFi, and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Canterbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Hotel Upper Harbledown
- Holiday Inn Canterbury
- Canterbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Upper Harbledown