Oakside Lodge(Upper Harbledown)
TripAdvisor
Willow Down(Upper Harbledown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspetrol stationdual carriagewaybeansbudget hotelthe sofa bedroad noisefree wifichannel tunnelbreakfast was includedovernight stopquiet roomfamily roomwould stay againgood nights sleeppleasant staypark and ridemain road
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with in laws and children. Place is very busy but staff couldn't have been more helpful opening up conference rooms for extra space and still providing excellent quality evening meals and service. Food was delicious including the breakfast sausages although do not expect more than a basic choice for evening meals, it is not a city centre hotel. Rooms were clean and good standard of cleanliness in bathrooms and comfortable beds.Bit of noise from the road but not a real problem.
Best bit of this hotel is the staff and even the cook who really cares about his job and the guests comfort.
TV only had 5 channels and CNN and Sky News and was bit basic CRT old style TV but free internet and hard work of staff in busy times really made it worthwhile.
Hotel is located behind Texaco garage and easy to miss going down A2 . Fans in room provided for hot weather but only 17C for our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are all fine but get down to breakfast before 8am and grt in early for evening meal to avoid a wait.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Rohitha A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very encouraging comments posted to TripAdvisor.I am very happy that you had a enjoyble stay with us. I have sheared your thoughts with my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Canterbury.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I know this is a basic hotel and that was what I was expecting for the price, however I did not expect the walls to be paper thin such that I heard every word spoken by the occupants and a lot more besides, which went on all night long!!! I know that is not the fault of the hotel, but perhaps soundproofing is required. I have stayed in this type of hotel and cheaper hotels on many occasions and this has never been a problem. The bathroom floor was dirty and the towel was stained. Breakfast was a great disappontment. The coffee machine was broken, the orange juice tasted like it had been watered down and the only thing I could eat was warm bread (supposedly toast, but came out like warm bread after 2 trips through the toast machine) and cold baked beans. Overall impression is that it's fine if you're travelling by car and desparate for somewhere to stay, but it was a £15 taxi journey from the nearest station. I personally think I could have found a better situated and cheaper hotel elsewhere. I wont be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah J
Rohitha A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience and the service you received during your stay. Please rest assured I will discuss all the points with my team to avoid future occurrence.
If you would like to contact myself directly at the Hotel to discuss this further, please feel free to do so.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel on business back in March and apart from the bother getting to the place, my stay was perfect. The rooms are basic but clean, tidy and modern whilst the restaurant caters for most pallates. On my first evening, I had the Tikka Chicken which was well cooked and of a decent portion for the price. The bathroom was a little tatty compared to the room itself but on the whole, an excellent place to stay - but perhaps a little too far out of Canterbury for those staying without a vehicle.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hullfoodie2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments.We look forward to welcoming back to HolidayInn Express Canterbury.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Very friendly staff, very comfortable room and a very reasonable price for bed & breakfast. The food was delicious and we had supper there every night too. All round excellence, but unfortunately we had a room right up against the road & very warm weather, so had the window open - so traffic noise very bad at night.

Room Tip: ensure you ask for a room away from the road !
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Rohitha A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted to TripAdvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Holiday Inn Express here ideal for overnight business stays or for a short break holiday. We are a mature couple in our sixties and have been to Kent on many occasions for short breaks and holidays. Although this is not a hotel with a view because of the location, for a short break this does not matter. Rooms are clean and comfortable and modern, and serviced every day. The complimentary breakfasts are excellent, so much choice and all hygeinically presented. Staff were all pleasant and polite. We could have gone elsewhere for evening dinner but decided to dine at the hotel. Food was excellently cooked and presented and reasonably priced. During our short 3 night stay we revisited areas round the coastline, all easily accessible as hotel is beside the A2. We had asked for a quiet room at the back of the hotel and although we had our window open each night, traffic was not a problem. Would recommend for family and friends for short break holidays.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room at back of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Rohitha A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to HolidayInn Express Canterbury.