Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
  • Breakfast included
ABode Canterbury(Canterbury)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspetrol stationdual carriagewaybeansbudget hotelthe sofa bedroad noisefree wifithe breakfast areachannel tunnelbreakfast was includedcoffee machineovernight stopquiet roomwould stay againfamily roomgood nights sleeppleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2012

my partner is disabled we booked a disabled room for the 26th to 28th of December 2012,the room was ok. The bathroom was not it did not have the none slip flooring it should have had on it,my partner fell and hurt her side. On conplaining we was told that as it was only a Holiday Inn Express and not a Holiday Inn Hotel there was nothing that could be done about it. Because we were paying for our stay with cash and not a card we had to pay a deposit of £40
I think expecting us to pay a deposit is wrong.
I think that if a Hotel offer's Disabled rooms then everythink should be to the right standard not only at selected one's very disapointed. my partner is still in a lot of pain. I DONT WONT ANY DISABLED PERSON TO STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS THEY ARE NOT SAFE

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Rohitha A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am truly disheartened about your experience in our hotel and I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
All our rooms are been provided with non slip floor mat according to our Brand standard. Also Shower mats are available on request. It’s our hotel policy that all customers leave a deposit by card or cash due to very bad experiences we have encountered in the past. I do apologize again if this has incontinence you. I assure you that this is not the level of service we strive to provide you with. I will certainly follow up with the appropriate departments to address this concern.
Thank you and I hope you will give us a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

The hotel itself was very good, clean, decent sized rooms, very nice breakfast. The location is less convenient, if you want to reach it coming from Canterbury or Dover, you have to drive to a next exit, and then come back...No fun when just popping out in the evening to a store or restaurant... But all in all very much value for money!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank la_ragazza_mela

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your comments posted on trip Advisor.
We look forward to welcoming back to Holidayinn Express Canterbury.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

We always stay overnight in the Canterbury area before we head off across the channel. This is very handy both for a trip into Canterbury and then the ferry/tunnel. These room are excellent value at around £43 p.n. Decent sized rooms, small but perfectly adequate bathrooms and breakfast thrown in. The staff were very friendly. Please note no lifts here so if you have loads of luggage or not good with stairs request ground floor rooms. I believe disabled room available too.

Room Tip: No lifts so request ground floor if necessary
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rohitha A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments posted on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holidayinn Express Canterbury in the New Year.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Last time I stayed here I was disappointed with the Customer Service but on a return visit am pleased to say much improved.
A genuine warm welcome, spotlessly clean rooms, good basic facilities and a bargain price make this a good choice for Canterbury. Its only a 10 min drive to the centre of town. Despite being beside A2 the road noise cant be heard from ground floor room.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Skywalker3

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Just one night on business. Staff helpful, maintenance guy even helped me with my luggage and chef gave me bowl of water to wash the frost off my windscreen in the morning . Easy parking. Good enough food and room. Had room at back so had no problems with traffic noise which some have written about. Altogether more than good enough for the money and such a good location for the university and Canterbury - or coast.
Didn't know how room heater worked, so lady from reception switched on for me when I went out for the evening. I told the maintenanace about the delay in water leaving the shower tray and slight smell from sink - prabably a blockage somewhere and he said he'd get right onto it.
Best night's sleep I'd had in ages - so bed suited me. I liked the cleanliness too.

Room Tip: I had one at back and no traffic noise worries - view onto woodland.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Rohitha A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments posted on Trip Advisor.We look forward to welcoming you back to holidayinn Express Canterbury.