At this writing, Sept. 27th, 2013, I am in room 133 of the Canterbury Hol. Inn Exp.
When my wife and I arrived at 2:20 this afternoon we were greeted by the asst. mgr. Maria who told us to sit and wait until she finished her business. She then proceeded to start counting money, and more money, enter the sum into a ledger, count some more, enter in ledger.....over and over!! After counting she pulled out the MASTER ledger and entered figures. 13 minutes later she abruptly turned around and left the room. Enter the manager, Mr. Rohatha who told us that we really shouldn't expect to be checked in until three o' clock but perhaps they might have one ready. Ah....there was one room ready and it was now 2:53. Lucky us.
Staff in dining room still disappointed to discover they weren't,in fact, Royalty but just minimum wage help. Poking fun at Americans to their face is just poor manners in any country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern 89 room hotel offering well appointed guest rooms with writing desk, TV, Hair Dryer, and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The hotel offers free WiFi, and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Canterbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Hotel Upper Harbledown
- Holiday Inn Canterbury
- Canterbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Upper Harbledown