We have stayed at HIE a few times, but this was our first stay at this one. It is one step up from a basic budget hotel, having a bigger and better standard of room and facilities. It has to be remembered that the breakfast they offer is free, so therefore to have this included in a total price of around forty pounds is very good. It is all a matter of expectation…if you go here expecting a full English, you will be disappointed. But if you have the attitude…’it’s free…and there are SOME hot items…you will probably enjoy it more. If you put the focus on what there IS on offer, rather than what there is not, your experience could be improved!! Having said this, we only stay at HIE’s when they have a special offer and if we were paying seventy or eighty pounds a night, we would not be happy with the breakfast.
Our room was very good- clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. Make sure you get your free wi-fi code for each user on check in. Staff were friendly and helpful and the location was very good.
The worst thing for us was the mayhem at breakfast which was caused by the silly positioning of the coffee machine in a corner which created a ‘people jam’. They really need two machines here, and to have a re-think about where they are positioned. The machine needed frequently attending to as the beans ran out and it needed emptying. It was neither big enough nor powerful enough to match the demands of the amount of people using it. The staff were calm when they were attending to the machine, but could have improved the situation by offering a smile and some humour to the waiting queue.
All in all, we would definitely use this hotel again, if we weren’t on such a tight schedule as we were this time, so that we could avoid peak time breakfast. But only when they have a special offer on price.Where else can you get a good standard of room and service, with a late bar, free wi-fi and a breakfast of cereal, yoghurts, pastries , scrambled egg , sausages and beans and toast etc for around 40 pounds for two people? Nowhere that we have found in England. Even when the budget chain hotels have their cheapest offers, you still have to pay extra for breakfast and wi-fi and for a more basic standard of room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern 89 room hotel offering well appointed guest rooms with writing desk, TV, Hair Dryer, and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The hotel offers free WiFi, and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Canterbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Hotel Upper Harbledown
- Holiday Inn Canterbury
- Canterbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Upper Harbledown