Having past this place many times, it proximity to the very busy A2 and awkward access was not propitious. However, though the access is awkward and it is close to the A2 neither were a major issue. It was possibly fortunate that our room faced away from the road as there is no air-con so an open window was necessary for comfort. Noise intrusion from outside was non-existent though the same could not be said about the noise from the over exuberant children running along the corridor but this was short lived.
The hotel is in many ways a typical Holiday Inn Express. The public areas are bright, clean and friendly and the staff welcoming. The rooms are clean and just like any other Holiday Inn Express. The only negative is there is no lift so if stairs are a problem request a downstairs room. The building is two story so, for the able bodied, the most you may have to deal with is a single flight of stairs.
The morning buffet is slightly better than the usual Holiday Inn Express standard with the scrambled egg offering actually being very tasty.
Overall a nice place and a good halting site for those heading for a Dover ferry crossing, but not so good for those going the other way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern 89 room hotel offering well appointed guest rooms with writing desk, TV, Hair Dryer, and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The hotel offers free WiFi, and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Canterbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Hotel Upper Harbledown
- Holiday Inn Canterbury
- Canterbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Upper Harbledown