We chose this hotel due to its proximity to the University of Kent, as we were attending the university's Open Day, and booked two rooms - one for ourselves and one for our son. The rooms were large, clean and had comfortable beds. Check-in/out was quick and there was plenty of parking. The hotel is adjacent to the busy A2 (although only accessible from the Canterbury bound direction) and there was a lot of road noise to be heard from our rooms, even with the windows shut. Little had been done to sound-proof the rooms and we could hear when our neighbours used their bathroom. Our son had a young family staying in the room next to his, who were up at 6am, and he could hear the family quite clearly. The bathroom just had showers, no baths, and in both rooms the showers did not work well. Over this last month of visiting universities we have stayed in two Premier Inns and one Holiday Inn. The Premier Inns (costing a similar price) were far better. I would not consider staying in a Holiday Inn Express again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern 89 room hotel offering well appointed guest rooms with writing desk, TV, Hair Dryer, and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The hotel offers free WiFi, and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Canterbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Hotel Upper Harbledown
- Holiday Inn Canterbury
- Canterbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Upper Harbledown