All reviews petrol station dual carriageway beans budget hotel the sofa bed road noise free wifi channel tunnel breakfast was included overnight stop quiet room family room would stay again good nights sleep pleasant stay park and ride plenty of parking
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

restaurant service promised burger on a multi seeded bun , arrived on plain flat white bap. Garlic bread added , not on menu, wouldn't have ordered if indicated. Side salad drenched in dressing , no mention of dressing on menu. Again wouldn't have ordered.
Food temperature poor , overall disappointing, mentioned to staff and no response.
Next time won't be visiting the restaurant

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi John M,

Thank you for the honest feedback. I am so sorry for the disappointing experience you had at our restaurant as this is the last thing we want our guests to experience. I'll make sure to share your comments with our restaurant management team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would still consider staying with us in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Very friendly welcome and efficient check in. Rooms were clean and tidy (and refreshed daily). Had dinner on the first night because we were tired from travelling and the service and quality of food exceeded expectations. Breakfast is included in the room rate and the choice is limited but what is available is of a high quality and there is plenty of it.
The reason I would not give 5 stars is the £3 parking charge per night - for paying guests! It's not as if the hotel is near the centre of Canterbury. It is on the A2, so why the charge?

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dwoob
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The hotel is in the highway and rooms were close to the main road, so you cannot but hear the noise. the rooms are small but quite ideal for the purpose. The staff are friendly and hospitable. Breakfast was good so was dinner and affordable. Not far from the town center.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We stayed at this hotel the night before we took the ferry back home.
Positive: Breakfast is included and okay. The room was clean. The shower curtain didn't try to sneak up on you when you showered.
Negative: In comparison to every other HI Express that I have stayed at in England (and I stayed at quite a lot of those) this one can't keep up at all. The room we stayed in was rather small. There was a shower curtain which is always not really appealing. There's no lift and no a/c - which wouldn't be a problem if the A2 didn't run right outside the window. Even if the window is closed it's really loud. Most of these things - even though I didn't like them - cannot be changed easily. The one thing that could be changed and that I was really annoyed by before I even set foot into the actual hotel is the parking policy. In not one other HI Express in the country did I have to pay for parking. This hotel charged 3 pounds per night and as it's located next to the A2 where there's nothing around it except a petrol station you neither have a chance to get there without a car nor park your car elsewhere and walk back to the hotel from there. As far as I can tell there is no reason for the charge except for the fact that they know that you don't have a choice to park there and therefore pay.
I won't stay at this hotel again. There are other HI Expresses that are at least as conveniently located for the ferry as this in which I had a far better stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Clean rooms with daily maid service. Breakfast menu same every day but adequate. However the dining area was cramped & sometimes had to wait in an adjoining area to get in. Plenty of parking but why pay £3 per day? It was most unlikely that anyone would arrive any other way than driving because of the hotel location. Coffee/tea making facilities in room but annoyingly no electric plug nearby so had to carry kettle etc across room to enjoy this The staff were pleasant & helpful at all times.

Room Tip: Some noisy rooms on main road side. Friends had to ask to change rooms because of that. Hotel did so without hesitation.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends