“The Best B&B We Have Ever Stayed In”
Review of Oakside Lodge

Oakside Lodge
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I have just stayed at this delightful B&B, The owner Stuart is a lovely man and makes you feel very welcome.
The room was spotless and very warm, the bed was very comfortable, there was a nice size wardrobe, a flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities.
The bathroom was also spotless with a lovely big shower.
The breakfast was excellent, we had cereal to start followed by a full English with toast and fresh Orange juice and a large pot of fresh coffee. You eat your breakfast overlooking the gardens such a nice view.
I cannot fault this place at all, I give it 11 out of 10, Stuart your B&B is a credit to you, and we look forward to staying at your B&B again later on in the year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary W
Stuart A, Owner at Oakside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and review. I look forward to your next visit later on in the year.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My Girlfriend booked 2 nights at Oakside mainly because it was much better value than the local hotels...the room was comfortable clean with everything you need and nothing you don't. Bathroom had one of the best showers I have found in a hotel in a long time just about knocked you over. Breakfast was spot on, with nice views over the gardens. My only niggle was the WiFi was a little hit and miss, but then again your not charged extra for it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stuart A, Owner at Oakside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for reviewing Oakside Lodge. I am pleased you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay and do hope you can return if visiting Canterbury

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed four nights (Sun - Wed) for my Induction Course (for remote learners) at University of Kent. Ideal. I echo the others before me. The place is so peaceful and relaxing. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting. I love the bathroom - and yes, the shower is lovely and powerful. Mind you, I made sure I had a luxury bath as well - something I don't often get the chance to do with the mad pace we live in. What else can I say but that it has many little extras - e.g. the Breakfast is just perfect - and I'm a vegetarian. Yes, they cater for vegetarians too. Stuart the owner couldn't be more accommodating - he even cooked a little extra for me to take a packed lunch to the campus every day in case I couldn't find any food to suit (I don't eat cheese as it gives me migraines and most vegetarian meals I'd come across in the past contain mostly cheese, they still do).

Naturally I'm coming back here for my next study days.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Stuart A, Owner at Oakside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Thank you for your kind review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and the service. I look forward to your return visit and hope you will continue enjoying Oakside Lodge.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

After spending most of my life in Canterbury I had to return here on a business trip. Didn't know this place existed but I didn't want to be in the centre and wanted somewhere with easy access from the A2 so I didn't have to plough my way through the terrible Canterbury traffic. What a find! Lovely clean comfortable room, great shower and lovely freshly cooked breakfast. Local ingredients and extremely tasty. Really good value for money in this lovely place in the middle of quiet countryside.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Stuart A, Owner at Oakside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Oakside Lodge and that the return visit to Canterbury was good for you. Great news that you have found Oakside Lodge as we have only been open for coming up to 1 year. I do hope if you come back to Canterbury you can come and stay again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay in a comfortable and clean double room, followed by a tasty breakfast in the morning. Extremely well looked after by Stuart who was always on hand when we had questions to ask, would fully recommend and will be visiting again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Stuart A, Owner at Oakside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Oakside Lodge and do hope you can return again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed overnight at Oakside Lodge after visiting Canterbury and catching the Euro Shuttle the next morning. The owner Stuart makes you feel very welcome and prepares a great full English breakfast, be sure to try it as the sausage meat comes from his own pigs. Our room was large, comfortable and spotless with a very comfy bed and a great en-suite bathroom. Just a few miles outside Canterbury this is a great location to base yourself if you are visiting this beautiful city and the surrounding countryside.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. I do hope you can return whether visiting Canterbury or the continent in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We booked in for one night with friends for a weekend trip to Canterbury. Stuart greeted us and was extremely helpful and courteous. Our room was warm, comfortable and immaculately clean with a spacious en-suite shower room. Breakfast was delicious, especially the sausages! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Stuart A, Owner at Oakside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your review of Oakside Lodge. So glad you enjoyed your stay and the sausages from our own woodland piggery. I do hope you can return in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Upper Harbledown
#11 of 16 in Canterbury
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
#1 of 1 in Upper Harbledown

Been to Oakside Lodge? Share your experiences!