“Always my first consideration after a long journey!”

Mercure Eddleston Barony Castle Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Eddleston
Saundersfoot
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Always my first consideration after a long journey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The sauna was excellent with the capability to "add to the coals" which a lot have done away with....and the pool and whirlpool were very adequate for the needs!

Visited May 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Steve D - Overall excellent experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I have just returned from an overnight stay in the Barony Castle in Eddleston. The fact that we were upgraded at check in did get our stay off to a great start. The bottle of wine ( part of our package ) was waiting for us in the room and the quality of food served at dinner and breakfast was excellent. Add to this the tranquil location and it really was an enjoyable stay. The only mystery for us was why it only warrens a three star rating. I would also like to add that the staff were attentive and keen to help at every opportunity. We will return when the next opportunity arises. Thank you to all.

Visited April 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed one night here, treat for partner and I that I purchased with Itison deal. 1st no wine in room as deal stated, then no welcome pack at check in (gives you info for pool access etc) Worse of all radiator in room noise all night got about 3 hours sleep, that was probably why the radiator was off when we went in room and room was cold! Anyway complained at check out was told someone be in touch, sent email to manager and now 2 weeks on have never had a response from anyone but now going to head office. On a positive note restaurant staff lovely and food good.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Norma P
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Far from superior room !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My wife & I had booked a superior room only to find out that the only difference was a robe, slippers & a coffee machine constitutes superior ! Pokey little bedroom & a bathroom in which you can touch all four walls without moving - Premier Inn rooms more spacious & better.

Great locality, dog eared carpets, damp patches that have been inadequately painted over...... In short a rip off - £60 rooms being charged @ £100 tariffs.

Fife
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Tranquil setting, perfect to relax. Great value for what we paid, would stay again. Would reccomend.

Visited March 2014