We bought an Amazon deal for one night dinner, bed & b/fast and on booking up, we upgraded and paid £20 extra to stay in an Executive Room which overlooked the golf course at the back of the hotel. When we arrived at Reception on arrival on Sun 4 May, we were told they'd upgraded us again to a Deluxe Room (no further cost) and we were more than happy with the room and view that we had. The hotel was very busy but we found the staff to be extremely polite, helpful, friendly and very professional.
Prior to staying, I informed the hotel that my husband is vegetarian and I'm vegan and were delighted to be given a separate menu with 3 choices of starter, mains and dessert - food was lovely. It's so nice to have a choice, not just to be given take it or leave it option.
This morning (Mon 5/5), we used the pool and steam room which added to a relaxing weekend.
Then breakfast and again, the restaurant staff were very helpful and the lovely head restaurant manager (didn't get her name sorry) came up to us and said that we could order a separate cooked vegetarian breakfast this morning - we wanted to thank her too for all her help and for looking after us.
There is a huge variety of fresh and dried fruits, cereals, hot and cold food, juices, teas/coffees, bread, bagels etc - enough to satisfy anyone.
We would definitely stay at the Macdonald Cardrona Hotel again if there were any other deals on and would thoroughly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa in Peebles, offers luxurious contemporary accommodation set in timeless natural surroundings. With the hotel's scenic location on the banks of the River Tweed you'll discover a relaxing haven - just 40 minutes outside Edinburgh and 90 minutes from Glasgow and the North of England - nestled amidst the tranquillity of the Scottish Borders landscape. With an award-winning restaurant, two bars, 99 comfortable and spacious bedrooms and conference and wedding facilities, our hotel in Peebles makes the perfect retreat for a leisure stay and offers a superb backdrop for any special occasion. While you're staying with us, why not try your hand at a round of golf on our 18-hole championship course or enjoy a dip in the pool and a luxurious treatment in our spa and leisure club. Guests can also take advantage of our fishing rights and try to catch some Scottish Salmon along the River Tweed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf Hotel Cardrona
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel Country
- Macdonald Cardrona Resort Country
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa Scotland