“A gem of an experience in the depth of Peeblesshire”

Bony's Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Glentress
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fantastic contemporary feel Steakhouse & Grill. Reservations not essential but recommended especially in the evenings.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The best steak I have ever tasted! And I don't usually "do" steak! I didn't dislike anything. The waiter was very entertaining.

There are newer reviews for Bony's Steakhouse & Grill

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We found this place on the way to our hotel, after a long day at the Edinburgh fringe. We were met at the door by a giant cow - which we loved - and were seated in a beautifully decorated restaurant. Even though there were only 2 staff on the night we visited, they were quick, friendly and incredibly accommodating. I had the Bony Burger, my husband and son and the Cajun Chicken, and my daughter...well, not being a big meat eater, she wanted pasta with tomato sauce. The waiter went and checked with the chef, and said it was no problem at all. My daughter cleared the plate (after picking out the tomato chunks), and said she'd 'eat that again'. We spoke to the chef (and owner) on our way out, and again complimented him on the food. Peebles is a lovely little place, and yes, unless you have a reason to go there most people pass it by without looking twice. From someone who is a fussy eater, with a daughter who is equally as fussy; make this place your reason to visit. It's well worth it!

1  Thank FamilyDuncan
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I had a lovely meal which was the deer, it was succulent and delicious, my daughter and hubby had the sirloin steak and it was of very poor quality, very gristly, in fact the dog got 2/3rd of each of their steaks. It was such a shame as I loved mine I wanted to come back, but I was out numbered. Menus are very extensive especially if you like yo try something new which I especially do, it's such a shame the rest of our party was disappointed.

2  Thank LB1978
Reviewed 16 August 2014

On a short break in Peebles with hubby & 2 fussy kids, hubby had fantastically delicious mushroom cappuccino with truffle oil soup & I had very tasty chicken wings with The Most Amazing Delicious Louisiana hot sauce! Hubby ordered 10oz fillet steak, I had burger with chilli con carne & cheese, kids thoroughly enjoyed their shared dishes of finger licking chicken wings & BBQ sauce and a plain burger. The waiting staff were super & very attentive, the chef/owner popped out a couple of times to see how everyone was, my 6 yo Monster High mad daughter loved the skull wallpaper & my 4yo son loved the large decked area at the front of the restaurant, we all enjoyed a game of I Spy too which kept the couple at the next table entertained! The only down side is that the restaurant is closed Tues & Wed so we went on Thurs but it was well worth waiting for!!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

First visit since was changed from Glentress. Family meal of 3 , 2 of us opted for a burger and 1 for a steak. Sister said it was one of the best burgers she has had. I opted for a steak, was ok nothing great just normal and i wouldn't say the portions were that big for the prices but i am a large eater. We only opted for 1 meal each and few soft drinks which was expensive enough for a Sunday lunch. Would possibly try something different on our next visit . I would agree with one of previous reviews that the tables are very sticky with glasses actually being stuck to the tables and we sat at 2 before being seated. As Darren advised the first table we were seated at may be too close to a large possibly noisy party that was expected so we moved further up the back to a more intimate part of the Restaurant, which was very considerate of him . Both members of staff were very polite and helpful: