“Great weekend”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Cottage Blue

Relax with your morning coffee.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Relax with your morning coffee.
Large, comfy living room with lots of seating.
Fully equipped kitchen.
Kitchen with water views through window
Cozy queen-sized beds with quality linens.
Cozy queen-sized beds with quality linens.
Try your hand at the outdoor cook oven.
Back deck
Back deck with hot tub
Stunning property and garden.
Large, private, waterfront property.
Beautiful waterfront.
Relax...fireside.
Enjoy the view from the dock chairs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jospada
Montreal, Canada
“Not as expected”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We chose Cottage Blue among others because it had a Hot Tub.
The hot Tub water was green and blurry . I notified the renter who was very nice and said she would send someone . Nobody came . So no one could use it for the whole stay .
The add says it has linens , but we learn only afterwards , once paid that no linens or pillows are provided for the pullout couches.
There was mice feecies in the kitchen cupboards , on the stove and on the kitchen window frame . It's normal for some chalet , but clean it before the guests arrive .and put some traps .
There is no toaster. Somebody was supposed to bring us one but it did not happen , We had to transform a clothes hangar so we can grill toast.
All the pots and pans are old ,scratched and dented. If you want to make pasta , you have to bring your own strainer .

The add does not mention that we have no network for our cell phones .
And there is No mention that they have no internet or wifi . So it's my mistake that I assumed there would be .
But if I had known prior to paying it all , i would not have rented there , because I was there for work .

Management Response
10 Jul 2017
I appreciate this feedback and have since remedied these issues. Unfortunately, this guest downplayed her situation while at the cottage, making me believe she was only minorly inconvenienced by the toaster missing, which was in the cupboard the whole time. I was not informed of most of the other things, and she did not express this level of disappointment to me when we spoke, which is unfortunate. In the meantime, I'd offered several solutions to the issues she did raise, which she did not accept. The hot tub was not dirty, since the water had been changed just 2 weeks before her arrival, but it was out of balance - something that merely takes time to filter through and was usable in the meantime (although I appreciate that it doesn't look good). I do take full responsibility for not being able to get my caretaker there to take care of her issues, which would have made it a much more pleasant stay for her. Due to last minute family issues he was unavailable and unreachable. This also has been remedied with the use of a backup. I'm sorry her stay was not up to her expectations, and that there was not more I could do to help her. She did not mention in her comment that I pro-actively offered her compensation for her troubles. While I do my best to ensure the cottage is received in the way expected, when things don't go as planned, I am always happy and willing to work with guests to fix any situation as quickly and as fairly as possible.
France C
Ottawa, Canada
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 27 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My spouse and I stayed at the Cottage Blue for a weekend with friends and our dogs. We loved everything about it. It has a peaceful location and the cottage was very cozy, well maintained with all the amenities. We enjoyed kayaking on the lake and relaxed in the hot tub which was great. The weekend was great and relaxing but too short. We would highly recommend this cottage if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing get away.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cozy and relaxing
Liked least: Some ustensils and plates were a bit dirty
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing