Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Anniversary lunch in June.

Beautiful food and we sat outside in the sun. Very peaceful lunch with great service from all Staff... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Tan L
Perfect 👌

Excellent food, great customer service, beautiful place, cannot fault it in any way. Great views... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Global667350

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews wine tasting stunning views local produce sandwiches friendly staff family business my husband great service fantastic lunch great place to visit a great experience tasty food informative tour warm welcome group of friends looking forward light lunch
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2022

The tour was given to us, as a Christmas present. One of the best presents we could have been given. I contacted the Vineyard a few weeks before the tour to book lunch as well. I wanted to know if they could our request for a dairy free menu as my wife is lactose intolerant. They could not be more helpful and accommodating. We were greeted by Sarah at the start of the tour to explain what was involved. The day did not disappoint. Not only is the Vineyard surrounded by beautiful scenery, but the care and attention the family give to the vines is second to none. You can tell the passion Sarah and her family has for the development of the fruit. We learned so much in the brief time we were there. Now to the wines. Currently they produce two wines. The white- Madeline Angevine. We don't tend to drink white wine as a rule, but will make an exception for this one. It is delicious. I have to say their Rondo Rose is Top Notch. 6 star. We tried to order a bottle to go with lunch, but they had run out. I just hope it will be ready to order for Christmas. Thank you to all the staff in the cafe as well. Excellent service. If you only visit one Vineyard in this country, make it the Alder Vineyard

Reviewed 4 August 2022

Very good experience. Tom, who led the tour was very informative and funny. Very knowledgeable as well and explained lots. We had lunch there too which was very nice. Looking forward to going there again.

Date of experience: August 2022
Reviewed 17 July 2022 via mobile

A gorgeous spot. We had breakfast on the terrace. Friendly and attentive service, really nice food. But the selling point is the location. The cafe terrace is a sun trap, with lovely views over the vines and across the valley. They make two wines at the moment, a white and a rosé, and we bought the sample size "tasting flight". The wine was nice (we bought a bottle of the excellent rosé to take away). There's a full beverage service, with lots of interesting drinks from Devon & Cornwall. If you're thinking of coming here (especially on a nice day) DO SO! You won't regret it. We're planning our next trip now!

Reviewed 16 July 2022

I visited last Saturday (9th July) with my husband and middle daughter as she had bought this for me for my birthday.
It was well signposted and easy to find and the setting is stunning with lovely views all around.
Sarah did our tour and she was lovely from the outset, friendly and welcoming and always happy to answer any questions.
The tour was fun and informative and I will not look at a glass of wine again without thinking of Sarah and family getting up at 11pm on a cold night to light the candles to keep the vines warm!
We were then shown the winery and the pressing, vats and bottling all explained - we loved Sarah original labelling "machine" - good old Lego!!
Sarah served us tastings of the wines - white (yummy), the Rose (absolutely yummy) and some Damson Vodka liqueur (equally yummy).
The tour and tasting weren't rushed and we really enjoyed it all.
We then had the most delicious lunch in the Kitchen & Bar, we shared a Winemakers Platter, which was plentiful for 3 and absolutely delicious. We accompanied this with more Rose and a Tonic Water for me as I was driving.
We wandered around the shop and didn't leave without purchasing some of the delicious Rose!!
We spent about 3 hours there and loved every minute.
I would have no hesitation in recommending it and we will definitely return to eat again soon.
Thank you Sarah and your family and staff for such a lovely experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2022

We met up here on Wednesday for lunch with family. It is a beautiful location, the food is well presented, very tasty, reasonably priced with helpful friendly staff. We will be returning.