....and, importantly, not just for middle-aged couples like us There were all ages staying and dining and drinking at this lovely Somerset inn, just half an hour from Bath. We loved the spacious airy dining room and it's eclectic mix of classic furnishings. Our bed was huge and very comfortable, as was the bathroom. But for us, it's the food and the service that makes a place and the Oakhill Inn delivers. The breakfasts, with home made sourdough bread, creamy scrambled egg and smoked salmon set us up for the day; and at dinner the wild boar with rich red wine jus was excellent. The staff were truly hospitable. We stayed here for three nights at the end of April and were very well looked after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional English country inn with five, 4 star, en suite rooms. Comfy sofas and roaring log fires in the winter and a beautifully sunny walled garden in the summer. The bar is a show case of well kept real ales, local ciders and excellent wines. Menus are full of fresh seasonal produce from local suppliers and served throughout the pub or in the dining room. Rooms are comfortably furnished with particular attention paid to the bedding and showers.This is a family run inn and the welcome guests receive is genuine and warm. An excellent base from which to explore all that Bath and Somerset has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Oakhill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oakhill Hotel Oakhill
- Oakhill Inn Shepton Mallet, Somerset