Very friendly staff who were efficient and helpful.
Really good food, especially breakfast.
Great selection of beers, spirits, etc in a relaxing bar with nice decor - not too chintzy, not too trendy.
Nice area with walks from the door.
Room was ok - for the price charged it was pretty small and I was surprised that we were not offered an upgrade as we were the only people staying. But good bed linen and comfortable mattress - unfortunately it was one of those brass headboards which look nice but are really uncomfortable if you want to sit up and lean against it to read in bed. The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom and had a good bath and shower.
I would definitely go back if I was in the area and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional English country inn with five, 4 star, en suite rooms. Comfy sofas and roaring log fires in the winter and a beautifully sunny walled garden in the summer. The bar is a show case of well kept real ales, local ciders and excellent wines. Menus are full of fresh seasonal produce from local suppliers and served throughout the pub or in the dining room. Rooms are comfortably furnished with particular attention paid to the bedding and showers.This is a family run inn and the welcome guests receive is genuine and warm. An excellent base from which to explore all that Bath and Somerset has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Oakhill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oakhill Hotel Oakhill
- Oakhill Inn Shepton Mallet, Somerset