We stayed here in September and had the most wonderful 2 night stay. It's set in the pretty village of Oakhill where there are plenty of walks in the surrounding beautiful countryside, plus it's only a 45min or so drive to Bath. The accommodation is very comfortable (we were lucky enough to stay in 2 different rooms due to my booking mistake!) and the rooms are dog friendly which was a bonus for us with having a dog!
The breakfast was made with local produce and was amazing. The breakfast was so big that even my husband who has a huge appetite, was still full at lunchtime!
In the evenings the pub had a welcoming 'local feel' and we enjoyed a really nice 3 course meal which was excellent value considering the quality. There was also a more 'formal' restaurant for those that preferred that. We were very impressed with the little 'extras' like OS maps to borrow and fresh milk in thermos flasks to take to the rooms.
Thanks for having us Mike- we'll definately be back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional English country inn with five, 4 star, en suite rooms. Comfy sofas and roaring log fires in the winter and a beautifully sunny walled garden in the summer. The bar is a show case of well kept real ales, local ciders and excellent wines. Menus are full of fresh seasonal produce from local suppliers and served throughout the pub or in the dining room. Rooms are comfortably furnished with particular attention paid to the bedding and showers.This is a family run inn and the welcome guests receive is genuine and warm. An excellent base from which to explore all that Bath and Somerset has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Oakhill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oakhill Hotel Oakhill
- Oakhill Inn Shepton Mallet, Somerset