The place is great. There's a great pub atmosphere and a lovely fire in the winter. The food is great - particularly good chips and also burgers, both beef and venison, but that's not to say that the rest isn't good too. We haven't stayed but we hear the rooms are good.
The old original pub has atmosphere and there is a dining room/restaurant which is a modern addition. Of course the food is the same throughout, but the modern bit is a great contrast to the old part, comparatively sterile and cold in terms of atmosphere. The old bit is clearly steeped in history and rather shows the modern bit up.
We are intermittent regulars, going roughly every six weeks and we look forward to it every time, but if we can't get in and to a table that we like we go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional English country inn with five, 4 star, en suite rooms. Comfy sofas and roaring log fires in the winter and a beautifully sunny walled garden in the summer. The bar is a show case of well kept real ales, local ciders and excellent wines. Menus are full of fresh seasonal produce from local suppliers and served throughout the pub or in the dining room. Rooms are comfortably furnished with particular attention paid to the bedding and showers.This is a family run inn and the welcome guests receive is genuine and warm. An excellent base from which to explore all that Bath and Somerset has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Oakhill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oakhill Hotel Oakhill
- Oakhill Inn Shepton Mallet, Somerset