“Excellent food and great service”

Auberge de la Caillere
Price range: US$40 - US$87
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kuala Lumpur
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had the monk fish carpaccio which melted on my tongue and the St. Pierre or John Dory fish as main. Both were very tasty, well seasoned and more then good portioned. And complimented by pairing wine suggested by the staff (probably owner). Pity I was alone without my wife else it would have been a perfect meal.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
North Yorks. England
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We came to this restaurant last week, Saturday 31st May.
I had booked 3 restaurants before travelling to France, 1 Restaurant had 1 Michelin star, the other had 2 Michelin stars and I also booked this restaurant for our last meal in the Loire Valley.
The meal we had here was far superior to the 1 Michelin Star restaurant and on a par to the 2 Michelin Star restaurant.
The service was extremely efficient, the surroundings lovely and the food was outstanding.
I couldn't fault anything throughout our entire evening spent here.

• Visited May 2014
England
“Superb dining”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I welcome the opportunity to review the Auberge de la Caillere which now has a separate listing from the hotel. One year on, the owners, Aurelie and Chef Erick have created a wonderful restaurant. Erick has now established his own style which is confident, adventurous without being extreme. The foie gras with smoked eel was a highlight and I also loved the Selle D'agneau and my husband enjoyed the beef which was served blue but crisp on the outside just as ordered. Unfortunately the fish options I did not try as I am not keen on John dory or Lieu Jaune. Hopfully next time if they have a different fish selection. The desserts were a delight too. The staff were friendly and efficient. We ate here 3 times in one week. My bank balance has suffered but it was worth it. I understand that there will be some further updating of the hotel and look forward to seeing the changes take place. We will be back next year!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank St-Lucia_Enthusiast
Sambin, France
“Excellent in all respects”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

December 10, 2013 - four of us just had a most amazing dinner at la Caillere. The hotel/restaurant has recently changed hands. It is now operated by a young, talented couple. We all ordered the 42 Euro menu, different items, and none of us was disappointed by any of the dishes. We were offered an amuse bouches to start (complementary) of creamy potted cod and subtle spices. It was not strongly fishy. It was delicious. Some of had the scallop appetizer, served on a winter squash mouse bed with lightly sauteed, very thinly sliced bacon. The combination surprised and delighted. I had what was essentially a meat pie, delicate, flavorful (I'm American), of duck and foie gras. The main dishes we enjoyed comprised Scottish Grouse (Yes!), sea bass and veal. We were all content. Dessert was exquisite, whether chocolate, lemon tart or ice cream. This restaurant is a bit out of the way; but if you are visiting the Loire Valley between or near Blois, Montrichard or Amboise, you simply can not go wrong seeking out this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michael H
“It was worth having dinner here”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent. Sometimes we found hard communicating with staff in English but we had no problem here. Food was good. Fish was nice but the Fig dessert was divine.

• Visited October 2013