“Great stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Slimbridge
The Tudor Arms Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Slimbridge B&B and Inns
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last week and couldn't fault the place. Newly refurbed and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was lush and all the staff were very friendly and welcoming! Evening meal in the pub was really enjoyable. Will def be coming back!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Steph092218

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We visited this pub several times recently while staying at the adjacent campsite and caravan park. We arrived at the campsite in the rain about 8pm on the Friday night after a horrific journey on the M25, M4 and M5 and had to get straight in to setting up camp. We then headed to the pub, 7 adults, 3 children and 2 dogs arriving at 9pm which is when they stopped serving :( after initially being told that they had stopped serving, the helpful barman (possibly seeing our worn out and weary faces) kindly offered to check with the kitchen staff if anything could be done. He then informed us that we could have something from the "basket" meals section of the menu which was great news and we enjoyed a lovely meal in the skittle alley, which was just the ticket after our long day travelling.
During the week of our stay we had another 3 meals at the pub and everyone was very impressed with their orders. Portions are generous, prices are reasonable and the food is tasty and good pub grub. I had the chilli which was yummy and very generous and then the garlic chicken in a creamy, leek and mushroom and wine sauce, which was so good I had it two times. My eldest niece enjoyed her two burgers and the hunters chicken. Others in our party had the chicken, leek and ham pie and the steak and ale pie on different occasions and they said it was packed with meat and very tasty and it certainly looked good. The atmosphere in the pub is very friendly, staff are helpful and efficient and the pub is clean and in a fab location, especially if you are staying on the campsite. Also they are extremely dog friendly which is great as we like to take our little chorkie who loves being part of the action. A brilliant pub, I wish it was closer to home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Taffles
Leicestershire
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This lodge is just a stone's throw from the Slimbridge Wildfowl Trust. The bedrooms are in a seperate building to the pub/restaurant but are very close by. The bedrooms are very comfortable and well decorated, with comfortable beds, large TVs, good hostess tray etc. Very modern and well-fitted bathrooms.Meals are taken in the pub. We stayed for dinner, which was very good, and breakfast. We didn't have the cooked breakfast but there was a really good selection of cold food to choose from. The service was very friendly, and we were made to feel very welcome. Very good value for money too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Architect53
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Spent a weekend at the Tudor Arms. 3 weeks ago. It is a pub and I had a picture of what I thought I would be getting. Bit run down,patterned carpet, disinterested staff. I could not have been more wrong. It is amazing. Beautiful rooms, really big and modern with lovely furniture and flat screen tv. I know that all the rooms are lovely as we were away for a family weekend and had 4 rooms. The standard is excellent. Only beaten by the amazingly wonderful staff. Nothing was too much trouble. I cannot fault them. They were fab. We have stayed in some 5 star accommodation around the world and this is as good!! Brilliant breakfasts and lovely pub food. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachael S
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, our room was excellent and spacious with tea, coffee, water biscuits supplied and topped up each day.
The room was lovely and clean, and well stocked with soap, shampoo etc.
The bed was huge, my husband is 6'3" and still didn't reach the end of the bed.
The tv in the room was massive for a hotel tv.
A fan was supplied as the weather was hot, and the memory foam matress proved to be a little too hot, but it was comfortable.The breakfast was served in the pub next door of which there was plenty of choice, and the staff are friendly and helpful. There is a paper for you to read if you want it.
If you are disabled I would try to book a parking space as the place is very busy and parking can be difficult.
If you want to eat in the pub I would recommend booking a table, again its gets very busy, and you can wait a while for your food to come out of the kitchen. It is cooked to order and there is plenty of it, and I found it good value for money. We had the meat pie and the meat was very tender and there was loads of it.
The accomodation is a approx .5 mile from Slimbridge wetlands and situated next to the canal
All in all and lovely experience and would not hestitate to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8, which is by the door at the top of the stairs. No view but nicely decorated and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley E
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in room 8 for 3 nights.....loads of room, no view (but I wasn't expecting one) tea , coffee, water, biscuits ample supplies of soaps etc. Huge bed (personally I found the memory foam mattress too hot, but I think I am in a minority)
I chose this place because of previous reviews....did not disappoint ......ate in the pub each night and was always served in reasonable time.
Some staff friendlier than others but I guess that's life !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Manchester
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I needed somewhere to stay prior to my visit to the Slimbridge Wetland Centre and found the Tudor Arms on the internet.
A friendly and helpful welcome. My room was clean, well decorated, comfortable with everything that is needed for a good night's stay. For dinner I went into the obviously very popular pub and sampled the excellent real ale. The food menu was varied and my dinner was served quite quickly and was well priced, very hot and satisfying.
An ideal location by the Gloucester to Sharpness Canal and only half a mile from the WWT site.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Les S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slimbridge
Stonehouse Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South

Been to The Tudor Arms Lodge? Share your experiences!