“A Natural Choice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Slimbridge
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated just 800 yards from the world famous Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, and yards from the banks of the Gloucester-Sharpness Canal, The Tudor Arms is open for breakfast from 8:00 am and serves main meals from 12:00 until 9:00 pm. We serve a wide selection of ,mostly local, real ales, ciders and perries along with soft drinks and spirits.
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A Natural Choice”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having visited the Slimbridge Wetlands Centre and discovering that their restaurant closes at 2:30pm, my parents and I called in at the Tudor Arms for some lunch on the way home. We took advantage of their two courses for £9.95 offer, available from 12pm to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. I had whitebait for starters followed by the pie of the day, which was full of steak and kidney in a delicious gravy, all washed down with a fair pint of Black Rat cider. There was plenty of choice for both real ale and cider fans, which made more sense when I saw that they'd won Gloucester CAMRA Pub of the Year in 2013. Everything else about our experience was pleasant from the staff to the atmosphere, so I will definitely drop in again when I'm next in the area.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank MFollett

worcs
“great beer n food, well worth a look”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

sunday roast big and well presented, great gravey like mother made. not the chapeat but well worth it, real ales good, service good, would deff go again

• Visited July 2014
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Hungry and thirsty”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The sausage salad I ate, had a pleasant surprise included. For the first time ever, I found strawberries present, which worked exceptionally well. The real ale on offer was very well kept and the range of beers on offer could not be faulted.

Visited July 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disapointed”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A typical English pub in a lovely location and with plenty of car parking so, what is there not to like... The problem was that the staff and there was plenty seemed more interested in what they were doing than me as a customer. No one would look at me and as I was the only one at the bar I had to ask for a drink and it took at least 5 mins. Food however was nice and good choice but the atmosphere was very lacking..
A warm night and the beer seemed to be at room temperature.Nice outside seating and it is dog friendly so that saves the day. In my humble opinion good staff training and a smile would work wonders as it has great location, location

• Visited July 2014
Bristol, UK
“Average”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely location for a drink and food after a walk along the canal tow path. Pub was reasonably busy the evening we went, but there were plenty of staff on duty serving. Just a pity they were not a little more welcoming and friendly, the only smile we had all evening was from the very pleasant young lady who actually delivered our food. Meal was ok, the beef stroganoff was really tasty (but at over £12 it needed to be good); the lamb curry not so exciting, a bit bland and "watery". Good selection of beers. Had to ask for our table to be wiped down - had been cleared after previous diners but no one had bothered to wipe it.

With so many other pubs around, can't honestly see me returning here too soon. Not enough attention to detail and no smiles!

Visited July 2014