“Get there as early as you can”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Lagoon

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Get there as early as you can”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We took the 10 o'clock boat, when we arrived it was not too busy so we could swim quite nicely and did some snorkelling, we saw some sea urchins and nice variety of fish, we took one lounger and umbrella €7.50 on further rocky bay away from boat drop off, the water is beautiful, but I would say by 1pm, it was chocker block, noisy and bit smelly from the boats, no loungers left and queues to use stair into water, so i wouldn't stay too long, apparently there is a nice bay just around the side of the island a 10 min walk and very quiet, we didn't go ourselves but that is what we were told so might be worth checking out

Visited July 2014

Northwest Romania, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonder of nature”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

In my 7 days in Malta, i visit the Blue Lagoon, in Comino island. This is indeed a wonder of nature, what the water can do with rocks. The place is very good for swimming and is at 5-10 minutes with boat, from Malta.
The water is very clean and the view is spectaculous!
I our short stay in Malta, me, my wife and my friends make a tour of Gozo island, with city tour bus, and we see a part of capital Valetta.
I recomand everyone to visit Malta, a very interesting country !
Nicolae Bogatean, Arad city, Romania, EU

Visited June 2014
1 Thank NicolaeBogatean
Sofia, Bulgaria
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Big dissapointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The place is extremely beautiful, but maybe you can see the beaty if you visit it in January or February. In the summer the place was crowded with tourist, there was no place for even walking. The beach is very small and the people were too many. I was expecting this visit with huge impatience and was very dissapointed when I arrived.

Visited June 2014
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Crystal clear ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The blue lagoon is only a short boat trip away from Malta. The ferry ride from marfa costs 10 euros per person. Go on the earliest boat you can. I think 9.30 is the earliest. That way you can have your choice of spot on the beach. We took a nice spot close to the water with 2 chairs and an umbrella. It cost us 15 euros but it is worth it. There is food and drink on the island aswell. We swam and snorkelled all day. It was great!! Have to go if your in Malta.

2 Thank Mattgin V
Bucharest, Romania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Perfect in postcards, impossible in real life”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you have few days to spend in Malta, I would say it's not worth spending one in Comino. Or at least not in high season. And definitely not after 11 o'clock.
We took the regular boat from Cirkewwa (United Comino Ferries) for 10 euro/person, round trip, free for children under 5) and honestly I looked forward to taking the next boat back.
Under the sizzling sun, even if you take a bed and an umbrella (5 euro each), you will most probably end up the rocky hill and struggle to walk down to the tiny beach, waiting in a queue if you choose the stone stairs.
Somebody here recommended taking a boat and not getting off it. Too bad I hadn't seen that tip earlier!

The water looks great, okay, a bit too cold for my taste. It is undoubtedly a beautiful place, but alas, I couldn't enjoy it at all and I heard so many voices around saying the same thing. Something must be done by the local authorities, really!

The island itself might be worth a look, if you enjoy walking in the sun, as there is no shade. The scenery is nice along the rocky seashore and there are even some dive spots.

Not recommended for people travelling with small children.
Food option not that healthy either. The hotel on the island might be a much better choice, if you have some time to spare.

Visited July 2014