“Nicely presented meals”
Review of La Trattoria Restaurant - CLOSED

La Trattoria Restaurant
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We felt welcomed there.

Our meals were all delicious. My husband said his were the "best prawns" he had eaten.

They are trying for something elegant here. The meals were pretty, with care and attention paid to how they looked. I'll add some pictures.

I would question the cream sauce on the lampuki. I pushed much of it off and snagged some of my husband's lemon. Maybe a tangy, citrusy broth would have suited better. I guess there are people who love cream sauce on everything?

Really nice to have the bruschetta and sorbet complimentary. It was a nice surprise.

1  Thank nearly
There are newer reviews for La Trattoria Restaurant

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Very friendly and efficient staff (also rather dishy!), The food is great and the menu extensive but mainly Italian influence. We ate here twice, the first time i had Black Angus Rib Eye steak and it was delicious. My hubby had Sea Bass which he said was also delicious. The staff really look after you, they serve you complimentary appetizers and also lemon sorbet between courses as a palate cleanser. At the end of the meal also offered us free limencello shots. The meals each time cost over £50 for 2 mains, 2 starters and a bottle of wine so well worth it. I cannot praise this highly enough. You won't be disappointed. Just don't mistake the Il Forno next door for La Trattoria.

2  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This is a lovely restaurant who are trying really hard to please their customers with some lovely, well prepared food and great service. Nice little touches and a very friendly atmosphere. Limited seating on the outside veranda so be sure to book.

1  Thank YorkshireGeoff
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We ate here several times during our stay and it would be top of our list to return to if we re-visit Gozo. Delicious food and outstanding service!

1  Thank Jessica Y
Reviewed 1 September 2011

had the lampuki fish the first time i visited with my girlfriend, great flavours and really impressed considering i don't normally eat fish. then the chicken with parmaham the next time when i took my family there. very good size meals for the price.

2  Thank Callum92