“Disgusting”
Review of Il-Forno - CLOSED

Il-Forno
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A 300 year old building with great character, with a bay view balcony.A live latin guitar player and a Hong Kong Chef who tries to please.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We ate here our first night of our 5 day stay. The Avocado and crab starter was tasteless with terrible old grab meat with bits of shell in it. For the main course I ordered Veil in an orange sauce - my first bite tasted of old cooking oil coloured orange - it was swimming in grease pretending to be a sauce. My partner has canaloni that looked about a week old - reheated with the tomatoe paste flaking on the top. It is a shame as this restaurant has one of the best views of the bay, but the furniture is dirty and seat fabrics torn and all needs a good clean. The final straw is that the owners kept saying that it must be my taste that caused me not like the dish - as others like it. Well I didn't eat it as didn't want to be on the toilet all night!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank BluePeterDog

Brussels, Belgium
“very friendly and good restaurant”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

we were friendly invited to have diner in their restaurant. we talked about how we would like to have the food done, and it was perfectly done like that. the lampchop and the calves liver were dilicious to eat. we surtainly recommand this place, off which the owners do absolutely their best to please the customer .it also hase a lovely sight on the bay from the terrace above.

Visited June 2012
malta
“Dirty place and burnt food”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Il Forno is situated in Marasalforn. The owner, an old guy is like a hawk waiting outside trying to catch his prey with his nice sweet talk. When one enters one easily notices how dirty the place is apart that it was empty. The only thing very well done was our rib-eye which was burnt. Not recommended at all.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank malta
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Simply Great!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We loved it here, the owner was really friendly. He gave us the choice of table - we chose a table on the balcony whice overlooked the port.

The good was really good. And try the Gozo wine - brilliant!!

The offer a range of Italian or Chinese food, which seemed odd but the family that own the restaurant were Maltise & Chinese so it then made sence!!

Was one of the best nights there.

• Visited June 2012
Mellieha
“My experience is based on my personal opinion. I'm an amature cook myself and I can identify good food. I recommend.”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

i've been to Il-Forno quite a few times and was always served exquiisite food. Their variety of Italian, French, coupled with a supplement of Chinese food makes it unique. The prices are very reasonable. A touch of music by the owner, who plays the guitar beutifully, makes the evening (or lunch) quite complete. My complements..

• Visited June 2011