“Lovely guesthouse...comfortable rooms....great food.”

Electra Guest house
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Marsalforn
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely guesthouse...comfortable rooms....great food.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while on a diving holiday. Joanne and Noel were great hosts (always helpful). The accommodation is immaculate! The food is scrumptious and very reasonably priced. It seems to be a popular place with the locals who are all very friendly. I haven't a bad word to say about the Electra and I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Carmel C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Saint Julian's, Malta
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just as the heading says this is what Electra restaurant is all about.Whether it is the rabbit,octopus,calamari or lamb,the result is always great.Noel and Joanne are lovely hosts always willing to help and explain what's on the menu.One very important thing to remember when you are there is simply "I am in Gozo"

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank maximus9989
Qormi, Malta
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Need an overnight stay in a busy March weekend, found a cheap single room on the Internet. The room was very small, however it was OK for me as I only needed it to sleep for a few hours. The room was recently refurbished and had a sea view, in any case. Breakfast was included and staff was friendly. Not a five star hotel of course, but pretty useful in an emergency.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tsum60
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Lunched or dined, or just had a drink, at Electra many times before, but only noticed on last visit it was also a guesthouse! Will certainly bear in mind for a future visit. Food (pizzas recommended) good and reasonably priced, friendly service and popular as a meeting place with local Gozitans - always a good sign.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PamTem
dublin.ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at this Guesthouse for 10 day’s Sept/Oct 2013. On our arrival on a Saturday night we were just giving our key and told what room we had and that was it, maybe the girls were busy in the bar but I felt it was a strange welcome not to be told what time breakfast was at etc, etc,. Noel the owner was there the next morning and he told us breakfast was from 7am-10.30. He also told us where the supermarket was so we could go get our bits and pieces that we needed, the room we had was in the front and had a balcony with sea views, and you paid a little extra you could also see the hills of Victoria from the room. There was two single beds which were very comfortable, a wardrobe to hang your clothes, a flat screen TV, A bathroom with a shower, toilet, and wash hand basin hairdryer, there was a fan in the room or you could use the aircon which you had to pay for but there was a fine of €60 if the coin got stuck So we decided to use the fan( as €60 is quite a lot of money)The room was cleaned every day along with the changed of towels. Breakfast was the same everyday cornflakes, Bacon, Tomatoes, Beans, boiled and Scrambled eggs, Tea and toast, Fruit, and biscuits. We had dinner here on a number of nights and as some of the other post have said it is well known for their pizza “do try them they are yummy” also the pasta dishes, the only thing is it is on a busy street with the local buses passing as your eating your meal. There is also a bar on the premises the area was perfect the bus stop is across the road and you can get an all day bus ticket for €5.20 for 2 people, which is great value. It is so close to the beach and within easy walk of other bars and restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the balcony with seaview.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mamodDublin_ireland
Kenmare, Ireland
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I did not avail of the Electra's accommodation but visited their restaurant on my current holiday in Marsalforn. It's curious, really: I've been holidaying in Marsalforn for years but had not previously eaten at the Electra, despite it being just a two minute walk from my guest house. The reasons for this: Its location right on the road side (tourist traffic and the regular bus service cuts right through the outdoor seating area), and the fact that there always seem to be local men seated outside its entrance, with the mediterranean habit of addressing female solo travellers like myself in a way I find uncomfortable.

Having said that, of course I had noticed over the years, that the Electra's restaurant is always very busy with evening diners and locals calling to collect take-away pizza. That in itself is obviously a good sign. I finally did dine at the Electra a couple of nights ago, having been invited to join ex-pat aquaintances who dine there frequently. To my pleasant surprise, I found the service (by the host himself) prompt and efficient, the menu extensive and diverse, prices realistic and affordable, and the food very tasty. All four of us had ordered different dishes and none of us was disappointed regarding portion size or food quality. I finished my meal with a lemon sorbet which was to die for.

We sat just outside the door to the restaurant and I did find passing traffic annoying (even a that time in the early evening), but for those who feel like me, there is always the pleasant looking interior seating area.

I'm still slightly surprised I'm saying this, but I will be definitely back here for food.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank HOS70
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just spent Two weeks here with my wife.This is an excellent family run B&B. Breakfast is Buffet served 8 to 10.30. With Full English,Cereals and fruit on offer. If late Full English will be cold (Heated on Request) but who cares with September Temperatures. The Allday menu is absolutely brilliant with all five star food top quality and presentation. If you are a pizza fan then its definitely not to be missed. The rooms and all areas are spotlessly clean. The beautiful small beach is Two Minutes away.The family and staff are really helpful and friendly. Its really good value for money. A slight draw back is the absence of a lift, if you have any mobility issues ask for a room as low down as possible. I really recommend this gem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sunregrets
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsalforn
San Andrea Hotel
Saint Patrick's Hotel
Grand Hotel Gozo
Grand Hotel Gozo
#1 of 1 in Mgarr

Been to Electra Guest house? Share your experiences!