“Relaxing afternoon out and a nice way to see the island”

Xlendi Pleasure Cruises Ltd
More attraction details
Owner description: With our boat trips you will discover in comfort and style all the beautiful places around Gozo and Comino: Blue Lagoon, Crystal Lagoon, Comino Caves, Dwejra Lagoon (where is the Azure Window and the Fungus Rock), Ramla Bay, San Blas Bay, Mgarr Ix-xini and many others.
London, England
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Relaxing afternoon out and a nice way to see the island”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I chose itinerary 3 which basically goes all the way around Gozo island and then to the blue lagoon before returning to Mgarr. It was a lovely relaxing afternoon and a nice way to see the island (I spent the rest of the time diving!). I opted for lunch on the boat which was a nice mix of salad, cheese, tuna, bread, melon, salami etc in a buffet style. There was plenty of food for all. Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks could also be purchased onboard or you can bring your own as you wish. Toilet facilities were clean and good by boat standards. I was staying in Xlendi so took advantage of the free transfer from Xlendi (there is also one from Marsalforn) to the harbour and back.

I actually booked the trip while I was there by speaking to them in person. I would recommend doing this or calling them as if you are going in low season rather than peak season not all the trips run on all the days as the demand is less and you may not get a response to online bookings if they are not running a boat that day. As I went in October the boat was not overcrowded and there was plenty of space for everyone in the shaded areas and sun deck. Points of interest are announced as you go round and times to stop and snorkel provided (snorkel and mask can be provided if you don't have your own for a refundable €20 deposit). I was pleased to discover that the commentary was just for the points of interest, not someone talking the whole way round so you had time to relax and enjoy your surroundings.

All in all I enjoyed this trip and thought it was a good way to spend an afternoon. In high season other itineraries are also offered. Best to speak to them and see what is on offer when you go.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank FayeW

Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No room”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We did the day cruise on Xlendi cruises. I was not happy with this cruise because there are too many people on board. I would say a boat that size is good for accommodating 25 people. There were about 50 people on the boat including 3 strollers with babies. There was nowhere to sit let alone anywhere to put your belongings. I sat on the entry stairs the entire trip and some people had to stand. On a 2 hour boat ride that's fine, but 8 hours out on a day trip people get really tired and want to sit and eat and relax. This trip was not comfortable at all. If I would have known I would have paid more and used another company. If you are stuck on the roof top, be prepared for 8 hours of sun because with how crowded it was, there would be nowhere to get shade with all the room downstairs taken. Here are the approximate numbers: top of the boat 15, bottom front: 15-20 bottom back: 20-25 with 3 strollers with infants and 2 crew. The numbers are approximate because we stopped and let off half day people and picked up the other half day people. Just doesn't seem safe on such a small boat. On the other hand, the crew is very nice and we got a small lunch. The locations that the boat stopped were nice.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank kristinasgh
Richmond , North Yorkshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful relaxing half day/day out”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Just been back to Gozo, and again went out with the above , now renamed Xlendi Watersports. Take a trip around Gozo all day 8 hrs or just to Comino half day. 4.5 hours Experience snorkelling in the wonderful Blue lagoon and other swimming stops. add your lunch for a very modest 6 Euro's. For this you have cooked meats ,cheese, salads and bread. and melon for dessert. Freshly prepared by the crew when you are at sea. Included in the price is minibus to and from the harbour and a welcome soft drink as you get on board. There is a bar on board the boat too.Snorkels are available to hire (you get your money back totally). I would also like to mention that the toilet on board is extremely clean too..We booked our trip through Louis Attard who is on the corner of the bay at Xlendi, his brother George is the boats Captain... Spending some money on a trip around the island is very good value...another reason we always go with this family company is that you are not crammed onto the boat like sardines , which is often the case with big companies...We love it... Hopefully ..Back again next year..Kris and Sheila Ryan, North Yorkshire

Visited September 2012
1 Thank sprnyks
Leicester, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Bargain for what you get!”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We took a 25hp for the day at €105 plus €30 for fuel. Two of us in this little boat went the whole way around Gozo AND Comino with two hours to spare! We stopped a few times including Maralforn for lunch and a very small private beach god knows where that was!

We even head a mile out to sea for complete privacy to try eliminate some tan lines!

Can recommend Xlendi Pleasure Cruises. Go for a larger engine if you want to take more people but for two, 25hp just about got us planing and we still managed to enjoy the whole of Gozo and Comino. We took our own snorkelling gear, but Xlendi Pleasure Cruises gave us a cool box with ice for our beer and water.

Amazing day, and worth every cent!

Visited August 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“check your equipment”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Rented a 4p 60HP boat. After 2.5 hours the ignition key failed in open sea after change of fueltanks. The company picked us up efficiently. On arrival just blame was our share (for below standard quality of equipment). No reimbursement for lost (quality rental) time.

Visited August 2012